RadioBanter

-   -   numbers station reported on 7.10mhz (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/87959-numbers-station-reported-7-10mhz.html)

weatherall February 6th 06 04:02 PM

numbers station reported on 7.10mhz

I searched technorati and found this post about a numbers station reception:

http://lackey177.livejournal.com/12774.html

I assume he's talking about 7.10mhz (he wrote it as 7.1mhz). Anyone else hear this? I am usually headed for sleep at 0800 UTC. I don't have my Enigma 2k documents handy so I'm not sure what this could be.

Mark Zenier February 7th 06 06:05 PM

numbers station reported on 7.10mhz

In article ,
weatherall wrote:

I searched technorati and found this post about a numbers station
reception:

http://lackey177.livejournal.com/12774.html

I assume he's talking about 7.10mhz (he wrote it as 7.1mhz). Anyone
else hear this? I am usually headed for sleep at 0800 UTC. I don't
have my Enigma 2k documents handy so I'm not sure what this could be.

There's some regular transmissions up around 8 MHz. I bet he's got a
crummy receiver and is picking up an image. I don't think the spooks
would want to stir up a hornet's nest by using a ham band.

Mark Zenier