RadioBanter

-   -   ATTN: GE Superadio III owners (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/88049-attn-ge-superadio-iii-owners.html)

mila melo February 7th 06 09:36 PM

ATTN: GE Superadio III owners

hello to all SRIII owners, I just bought another one after losing my
first one to campsite thieves two years ago. I cant remember if my first
one had this little annoyance, but this new one has a "pop" from the
speaker when the power button is pressed. A buddy says his does this too,
but Im wondering just what the average rate of occurence of this is.
Surely not all of them. Does your radio have this, or is it free from
this?

dxAce February 7th 06 09:58 PM

mila melo wrote:

hello to all SRIII owners, I just bought another one after losing my
first one to campsite thieves two years ago. I cant remember if my first
one had this little annoyance, but this new one has a "pop" from the
speaker when the power button is pressed. A buddy says his does this too,
but Im wondering just what the average rate of occurence of this is.
Surely not all of them. Does your radio have this, or is it free from
this?

Mine has it. It's nothing new.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

junius February 7th 06 11:05 PM

ATTN: GE Superadio III owners

Mine does this, too. I wouldn't give it much thought.

mila melo February 7th 06 11:39 PM

ATTN: GE Superadio III owners

looks likes it a pretty common thing and not an electrical concern
afterall. thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

David February 7th 06 11:54 PM

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:36:29 -0500, mila melo wrote:

hello to all SRIII owners, I just bought another one after losing my
first one to campsite thieves two years ago. I cant remember if my first
one had this little annoyance, but this new one has a "pop" from the
speaker when the power button is pressed. A buddy says his does this too,
but Im wondering just what the average rate of occurence of this is.
Surely not all of them. Does your radio have this, or is it free from
this?

Leave it turned on all the time and use the power cord to power on
power off.

Bob Miller February 8th 06 02:21 AM

GE Superadio III owners

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 23:26:52 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Ditto, here on my 2 SRIII's
"mila melo" wrote in message
hello to all SRIII owners, I just bought another one after losing my
first one to campsite thieves two years ago. I cant remember if my first
one had this little annoyance, but this new one has a "pop" from the
speaker when the power button is pressed. A buddy says his does this too,
but Im wondering just what the average rate of occurence of this is.
Surely not all of them. Does your radio have this, or is it free from
this?

Mine pops, but I haven't given it much thought.

bob
k5qwg

[email protected] February 8th 06 02:36 AM

GE Superadio III owners

Some other,different radios make a bump noise.Things that go bump in the
night.
cuhulin

Conan Ford February 8th 06 05:23 AM

ATTN: GE Superadio III owners

mila melo wrote in news:z-8AC10A.16362907022006@nr-
tor01.bellnexxia.net:

hello to all SRIII owners, I just bought another one after losing my
first one to campsite thieves two years ago. I cant remember if my first
one had this little annoyance, but this new one has a "pop" from the
speaker when the power button is pressed. A buddy says his does this too,
but Im wondering just what the average rate of occurence of this is.
Surely not all of them. Does your radio have this, or is it free from
this?

My SuperRadio II does this too.

Anyone know if the III is any better than the II? Seen a few on discount
in stores and thought about buying one.