Old February 13th 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Carter, K8VT

Default 3Y0X - Peter I Island - Antarctica

HFguy wrote:

Heard them on 18145 around 1400-UTC. Signal was weak but readable. They
were running duplex, transmitting on 18145 and listening on 18150 or
18160, looking for stations in Europe. The pile-ups on the two receive
channels were considerable.

Small technical correction. That type of operation described above is
referred to as operating "split". In the communications world, "duplex"
means transmitting and receiving simultaneously, not the case here.
Old February 15th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
R.F. Collins

Pretty good signal after midnight on 7090 in Michigan. What is also
interesting is listening for other rare DX stations calling in to make
a contact.

Biggest problem while using "split" frequency operation is operators
giving a range of frequencies for callers to transmit on. This is
fairly common but it usually results in people just caliing
continuously over the whole range and nobody can get through. I fired
up the rig about 4 AM for a quick contact after they settled down to
one calling frequency and did not have a problem.

Jim

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:31:01 -0600, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:

Any SWL's hear them?
http://www.peterone.com

Currently on
7093 khz SSB
7022 khz CW
3525 khz CW

Old February 17th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

"R.F. Collins" wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:26:09 -0600, "Buzzygirl"
wrote:

Biggest problem while using "split" frequency operation is operators
giving a range of frequencies for callers to transmit on. This is
fairly common but it usually results in people just caliing
continuously over the whole range and nobody can get through.

What's the range they've been instructing people on which to listen? Most DX
ops I've talked with go around 5 up from the listening frequency.

Jackie

The one night I was monitoring, it varied. On 40 meters the listening
freq stayed at 7090. When they were working in the low end of 40 (no
US SSB) they were usually 5-10 up for call. They also gave a 5-10 kc
range for a while when they moved the call frequency to the US part of
the band (around 7240). That was a mess so for a short time they also
went by the zone #'s. Toward morning they switched to single
frequencies for calling eventually going to 7226 and that is when I
contacted them.

The best way to keep track of all this frequency hopping is to go to
one of the DX IRC sites where hams post the freqs they are monitoring
or have made contacts on. Do a search for "DX Summit" and that will
take you there.

http://www.dxwatch.com/dxsd.php?f=36

dxAce
Michigan
USA

ABC's NASA story Michael Shortwave 13 March 1st 05 03:41 AM
DXpedition to Peter Island 3Y0X Thierry Dx 0 December 20th 04 10:27 AM
DXpedition to Peter Island 3Y0X Thierry Dx 0 December 20th 04 10:27 AM
Peter I postponed KØHB Dx 0 November 7th 03 10:57 PM
Peter I postponed KØHB Dx 0 November 7th 03 10:57 PM