RadioBanter

-   -   Sony PRO 80 Scanner (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/88467-sony-pro-80-scanner.html)

[email protected] February 14th 06 11:42 AM

Sony PRO 80 Scanner

Hello eveyone,
has anyone used one of these scanners and give me an idea of how they
perform as a AM/SW receiver? Also, any links of a review?
Thanks,
Alan

David February 14th 06 01:55 PM

Sony PRO 80 Scanner

On 14 Feb 2006 03:42:15 -0800, wrote:

Hello eveyone,
has anyone used one of these scanners and give me an idea of how they
perform as a AM/SW receiver? Also, any links of a review?
Thanks,
Alan

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1194

Not a bad receiver. Make sure BNC RF Input socket isn't loose. Don't
pay too much.

[email protected] February 14th 06 03:32 PM

Sony PRO 80 Scanner

Thanks David. I can have a very nice one
complete/boxed/convertor/manual etc for about US$130.00. I brought a
brand new ICOM R5 scanner as it was wide band but it has dreadful
sensitivity on LW/MW and the SW is mediocre. I wasted my money on it.
Thanks again,
Alan

David February 14th 06 04:42 PM

Sony PRO 80 Scanner

On 14 Feb 2006 07:32:07 -0800, wrote:

Thanks David. I can have a very nice one
complete/boxed/convertor/manual etc for about US$130.00. I brought a
brand new ICOM R5 scanner as it was wide band but it has dreadful
sensitivity on LW/MW and the SW is mediocre. I wasted my money on it.
Thanks again,
Alan
David wrote:
On 14 Feb 2006 03:42:15 -0800,
wrote:

Hello eveyone,
has anyone used one of these scanners and give me an idea of how they
perform as a AM/SW receiver? Also, any links of a review?
Thanks,
Alan

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1194

Not a bad receiver. Make sure BNC RF Input socket isn't loose. Don't
pay too much.

The Pro-80 is not a wideband scanner that incidently covers MW/HF. It
is more of a Communications Receiver with a scanner form factor.
$130 is a good price for a Very Good used unit.

[email protected] February 14th 06 05:55 PM

Sony PRO 80 Scanner

rec.radio.scanner is a scanner news group you can check out.I own two
Radio Shack scanners.One of them is a Radio Shack model 34 I bought at a
junk shop and the other one is a Radio Shack Pro-91 that I bought at an
Ezy Pawn pawn shop for $75.00.They bough work very good.
cuhulin

[email protected] February 14th 06 06:01 PM

Sony PRO 80 Scanner

www.google.com How to open up your radio scanner

Tips and tricks and stuff.Just type your brand name and model number of
your radio scanner in there.Some of those thingys might be illegal
though.I dont reccomend doing them.
cuhulin