RadioBanter

-   -   WWCR Mixing Product (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/88505-wwcr-mixing-product.html)

dxAce February 14th 06 11:02 PM

WWCR Mixing Product

At 2245 I noted a nice mess on 4915. Turns out it's a WWCR mixing product. 9985
- 5070 = 4915.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

SeeingEyeDog February 15th 06 01:05 AM

WWCR Mixing Product

Ha! I heard that also. I almost threw my totable portable against the
wall.
I fell much better now.

dxAce February 15th 06 01:16 AM

WWCR Mixing Product

SeeingEyeDog wrote:

Ha! I heard that also. I almost threw my totable portable against the
wall.
I fell much better now.

You can rest easy tonight!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

running dogg February 16th 06 04:05 AM

WWCR Mixing Product

SeeingEyeDog wrote:

"running dogg" wrote in message
SeeingEyeDog wrote:

Ha! I heard that also. I almost threw my totable portable against the
wall.
I fell much better now.

I wouldn't do that. It's getting increasingly impossible to find
portables that don't have some connection to the CCP. Sony is gradually
phasing out SW receiver production. After they do, you'll have a choice
of a portable made by the CCP (Tecsun/Eton/Grundig) or one with an
unknown connection to the CCP (Degen). Even Sangeans are made in
China-and Sangean is a Taiwanese company! That's probably why they don't
say "Made in China" on their radios.

I have enough non-Chinese portables around here to last my lifetime. My
next new radio will be the German made Kneisner and Doering KWZ30-2 or
American made Flex-Radio SDR-1000.

I use a Yaesu Frog series (FRG-8800), made in Japan, for most listening.
I have a Degen in my emergency kit but I don't use it on a regular
basis, it's there just in case.

Brian O February 17th 06 01:36 AM

WWCR Mixing Product

"dxAce" wrote in message
At 2245 I noted a nice mess on 4915. Turns out it's a WWCR mixing product.

9985
- 5070 = 4915.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

That's pretty cool. You should try to get a QSL from them for it. Bet they
would listen :)