RadioBanter

-   -   Realistic DX-302 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/89735-realistic-dx-302-a.html)

Lisa Simpson March 2nd 06 01:16 AM

Realistic DX-302

Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

- Built-in preselector
- Preselector fine tune
- RF Gain
- BFO
- Attenuator switch
- Selectivity switch
- does CW, LSB, USB, AM
- Good sized receiver
- Lotsa lights, dials & switches

They all should be built like this! Workds quite well off my Eavesdropper
"C"!

BDK March 2nd 06 01:50 AM

Realistic DX-302

In article ,
says...
Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

- Built-in preselector
- Preselector fine tune
- RF Gain
- BFO
- Attenuator switch
- Selectivity switch
- does CW, LSB, USB, AM
- Good sized receiver
- Lotsa lights, dials & switches

They all should be built like this! Workds quite well off my Eavesdropper
"C"!

Thankfully, I sold mine about 1985 and got something that really is
good. The 302 is well built, but a truly LOUSY receiver.

BDK

SWL-2010 March 2nd 06 02:51 AM

Realistic DX-302

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

- Built-in preselector
- Preselector fine tune
- RF Gain
- BFO
- Attenuator switch
- Selectivity switch
- does CW, LSB, USB, AM
- Good sized receiver
- Lotsa lights, dials & switches

They all should be built like this! Workds quite well off my Eavesdropper
"C"!

You have a nice receiver there, I hope you enjoy it. I own an old Drake SSR1
from the 70's, that they had built in Japan, and it has a Wadley Loop tuner,
that is Analog, with two dials, and I love it. It's sensitive, stable and
accurate as can be. I also have an Old Kenwood R-300, with Twin Drum tuning
that is a real peach and a great sensitive Dx-er, and still in excellent
condition. So, I hope you enjoy many fine hours of great Dxing from you new
prize.

David March 2nd 06 03:02 AM

Realistic DX-302

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 02:16:10 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

Seems to be receiving like crazy here! Maybe I got lucky . . . I have an
Eavesdropper "C" antenna on it . . .

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1936

David March 2nd 06 03:19 AM

Realistic DX-302

wrote:

Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

- Built-in preselector
- Preselector fine tune
- RF Gain
- BFO
- Attenuator switch
- Selectivity switch
- does CW, LSB, USB, AM
- Good sized receiver
- Lotsa lights, dials & switches

They all should be built like this! Workds quite well off my Eavesdropper
"C"!

Pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...15 051&fkxs=1

David March 2nd 06 03:25 AM

Realistic DX-302

wrote:

Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

DX-302 Communications Receiver
(200-0220) Features Faxback Doc. #
45535

....It All Comes Alive on your Realistic DX-302 Communications Receiver

The entire world is at your fingertips with the Realistic DX-302.
English
language broadcasts can be heard from such world capitals as London,
Tokyo,
Paris, Rome, Berlin and Moscow. Exotic music and unusual languages
can be
heard from stations located in distant, isolated sections of the
world.
You might listen in as the Coast Guard aids a vessel in distress, or
perhaps eavesdrop as the skipper of a fishing boat radios back news of
the
day's catch. Airplanes, both civilian and military, use radio to keep
in
touch on intercontinental flights. Radio amateurs (commonly known as
'hams') can be heard chattering away around the clock with friends
located
in the next town or on the other side of the world.

Your DX-302 is designed to tune a wide variety of signals from 10 kHz
to 30
MHz. It receives AM (Amplitude Modulation), CW (Continuous Wave,
better
known as Morse code) and SSB (Single sideband) signals. It also has
superb
sensitivity and selectivity to dig out distant and low-powered
stations.

The synthesized drift-cancelling triple-conversion mixer system
provides
thirty tunable ranges from 10 kHz to 30 MHz, and is derived from a
single 4
MHz quartz oscillator. This results in precise frequency control and
superior frequency stability. A stable low frequency kHz Tuning
circuit
covers the 1 MHz increments and the 5-digit display shows the exact
frequency.

The DX-302 uses 39 transistors (10 of which are field-effect type), a
Large-Scale Integration IC frequency counter, 3 integrated circuits,
32
diodes, 5 seven-segment LED displays and six LEDs.

You can use the DX-302 at home (on 120 volts AC for USA/CANDADIAN
models
and 220/240 volts for EUROPEAN/AUSTRALIAN models or 12 VDC (8 "C"
cells) or
in your car or vehicle (12 Volts DC negative ground).

Main features a

* Quartz controlled frequency synthesizer
* Continuous frequency coverage from 10 kHz to 30 MHz
* Large digital frequency display
* Triple conversion circuit
* Six element and nine element ceramic filters provide outstanding
selectivity (freedom from adjacent channel interference)
* Dual MOS Field-effect transistor in the critical mixer stage
(freedom
from cross-modulation and undesirable RF distortion)
* All silicon solid-state circuitry for maximum circuit efficiency
with
minimum noise
* Audio power IC provides high intelligibility sound
* AC or DC (negative ground) operation
* If the AC power should fail, an automatic circuit switches over to
the
battery power with no interruption of sound

The DX-302 uses a Wadley loop synthesized circuit for continuous
frequency
coverage. With this design, it is normal to find beat notes on such
frequencies as 910 kHz and 1,000 MHz. Such beat notes indicate your
DX-302
is working properly. The effects of such beat notes can be reduced
simply
by trying a different external antenna or readjusting the outer (MHz)
tuning knob.

(CC/wr-07/13/98)

www.radioshack.com

BDK March 2nd 06 04:21 AM

Realistic DX-302

In article ,
says...
wrote:

Seems to be receiving like crazy here! Maybe I got lucky . . . I have an
Eavesdropper "C" antenna on it . . .

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1936

LOL, those people must have gone from a 40 buck portable to the 302!

Bad filters
Bad audio
Not the most stable..

What more do you need?

BDK

HFguy March 2nd 06 04:39 AM

Realistic DX-302

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Got my DX-302 today - MAN! Is this a receiver!

- Built-in preselector
- Preselector fine tune
- RF Gain
- BFO
- Attenuator switch
- Selectivity switch
- does CW, LSB, USB, AM
- Good sized receiver
- Lotsa lights, dials & switches

They all should be built like this! Workds quite well off my Eavesdropper
"C"!

Here's some mods' for the DX-302.

http://www.geocities.com/w4jbm/302hints.html

BTW- Where did you get the DX-302?