RadioBanter

-   -   4860 4861 ??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/89867-4860-4861-a.html)

[email protected] March 4th 06 02:57 AM

4860 4861 ???

Sounds like sideband, but I just can't tune it properly to sound like
clear voice. 6:55 PST SF Bay area.

Intermittent one sided (as far as I can tell) signal.

Verstaldin March 4th 06 03:04 AM

4860 4861 ???

If you have the gain turned up, try backing it down and tuning again.

oups.com...

[email protected] March 4th 06 04:13 AM

4860 4861 ???

I had the AGC on fast, so I don't think that was the problem. I tried
lsb and usb, moving back and forth. I even tried AM. I never had a
situation where I couldn't park the VFO and get clear sideband from a
reasonably strong signal.

Any idea who would be using that frequency?

Verstaldin wrote:
If you have the gain turned up, try backing it down and tuning again.

oups.com...

David March 4th 06 04:28 AM

4860 4861 ???

Verstaldin wrote:
If you have the gain turned up, try backing it down and tuning again.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sounds like sideband, but I just can't tune it properly to sound like
clear voice. 6:55 PST SF Bay area.

Intermittent one sided (as far as I can tell) signal.

Frequency inversion scrambling?

[email protected] March 4th 06 05:14 AM

4860 4861 ???

It sounded like I was getting a high pitch and low pitch voice a the
same time, so I just couldn't find a sweet spot to park the VFO.
However, I'd look for a simpler explation first before going the route
of frequency inversion. I'll keep an ear out for activity there.

Verstaldin wrote:
If you have the gain turned up, try backing it down and tuning again.

oups.com...

Verstaldin March 4th 06 05:58 AM

4860 4861 ???

I think the maritime radiotelephone has some traffic in that area.

ups.com...

Verstaldin wrote:
If you have the gain turned up, try backing it down and tuning again.

oups.com...