RadioBanter

-   -   The Conet Project (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90243-conet-project.html)

[email protected] March 9th 06 05:36 PM

The Conet Project

www.irdial.com/conet.htm
cuhulin

MRe March 9th 06 06:02 PM

The Conet Project

schreef in bericht
www.irdial.com/conet.htm
cuhulin

http://irdial.hyperreal.org/

Here are the disks downloadable

MRe

junius March 9th 06 09:29 PM

The Conet Project

Right, so some years back, some misguided youngsters found it
fashionable to collectively delude themselves into believing that these
number station recordings were suitable as some sort of "ambiance
music".

I suppose this sort of thing could only hold their attention spans for
a limited amount of time before they had to move on to something else.

wrote:
www.irdial.com/conet.htm
cuhulin

[email protected] March 9th 06 10:23 PM

The Conet Project

The CONET CDs started off as a permanent record of Cold War radio, my
recordings being the major bulk of the CDs. Some musos and members of
the chattering classes in the USA, notably the head of Aquarius
records, deemed it a form of ambient music. I have never considered it
so.

Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

[email protected] March 9th 06 10:35 PM

The Conet Project

I never figured the Conet CDs as being ambient music,never did even
think of them in that way.I forgot to give you credit on your site Simon
Mason.That is a great job there.
cuhulin

junius March 10th 06 03:26 AM

The Conet Project

wrote:
The CONET CDs started off as a permanent record of Cold War radio, my
recordings being the major bulk of the CDs.

Well, then, you clearly maintained a nice audio archive. Impressive
work!

Some musos and members of
the chattering classes in the USA, notably the head of Aquarius
records, deemed it a form of ambient music. I have never considered it
so.

Yeah, and as I recall, NPR did a piece or two on the Conet Project
CDs...

Yes, there it is:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4167689

NPR provides surefire access to those chattering classes! :)

Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Great website, Simon.