RadioBanter

-   -   FS: W-225 whip amp board for Lowe HF-225 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/90773-fs-w-225-whip-amp-board-lowe-hf-225-a.html)

Avery W3AVE March 18th 06 02:59 AM

FS: W-225 whip amp board for Lowe HF-225

A coworker's sister in London did me a favor by ordering this option
from Lowe for my Europa. Postage plus a bottle of wine to thank her ran
the cost to about $65. (I did have her get the telescoping antenna and
the technical manual as well.)

Now I've discovered I didn't even need the board. It's already
installed. Yes, I'd taken off the cover, but I wasn't looking for the
the whip antenna board, because the seller told me he didn't have the
whip and never had.

Yeah, stupid. I know.

Anyway...if you need this board for an HF-225 or Europa, I'll sell it
for what I paid--18 pounds ($31.60 at current exchange rate, call it
$31) plus $5 shipping. Total of $36.

As Lowe owners know, the company now refuses to ship to North America,
so unless you find parts here or go through the gymnastics I did,
you're out of luck.

Anybody want the board before it goes up on e**y?