Old March 20th 06, 11:38 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Stephen Newlyn

Default Australian Tropical Cyclone Larry info on ABC HF Radio

Approximate Schedule for relay of ABC Queensland appears to be

Australian Day Time 11650 Khz 2100 UTC onwards
Australian Night Time 6020 Khz 1000 hours UTC onwards

--
-----------------
**Save the HF (Shortwave) Radio Spectrum! Eliminate Broadband over Power

Old March 20th 06, 11:51 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message ...
Approximate Schedule for relay of ABC Queensland appears to be

Australian Day Time 11650 Khz 2100 UTC onwards
Australian Night Time 6020 Khz 1000 hours UTC onwards

1149 UTC March 20, 2006
I'm getting a great signal on 6020, with music, weather, updates on the storm
and an ID saying "ABC Local Radio Queensland".
Is this a relay via Radio Australia?

Old March 20th 06, 11:52 AM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

Default Australian Tropical Cyclone Larry info on ABC HF Radio - Addendum

"Sanjaya" wrote 1149 UTC March 20, 2006
I'm getting a great signal on 6020, with music, weather, updates on the storm
and an ID saying "ABC Local Radio Queensland".
Is this a relay via Radio Australia?

My apologies. I should have mentioned I'm in eastern Tennessee, USA

Old March 20th 06, 12:27 PM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message
I believe it's via Radio Australia transmitters. Not confirmed though.

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Sanjaya" wrote 1149 UTC March 20, 2006
I'm getting a great signal on 6020, with music, weather, updates on the
storm
and an ID saying "ABC Local Radio Queensland".
Is this a relay via Radio Australia?

My apologies. I should have mentioned I'm in eastern Tennessee, USA

Thanks Stephen.

Old March 20th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

Sanjaya wrote:

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message ...
Approximate Schedule for relay of ABC Queensland appears to be

Australian Day Time 11650 Khz 2100 UTC onwards
Australian Night Time 6020 Khz 1000 hours UTC onwards

1149 UTC March 20, 2006
I'm getting a great signal on 6020, with music, weather, updates on the storm
and an ID saying "ABC Local Radio Queensland".
Is this a relay via Radio Australia?

6020 is regularly used by Radio Australia as is 11650.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 20th 06, 05:38 PM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article . net,
Sanjaya wrote:

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message
Approximate Schedule for relay of ABC Queensland appears to be

Australian Day Time 11650 Khz 2100 UTC onwards
Australian Night Time 6020 Khz 1000 hours UTC onwards

1149 UTC March 20, 2006
I'm getting a great signal on 6020, with music, weather, updates on the storm
and an ID saying "ABC Local Radio Queensland".
Is this a relay via Radio Australia?

They still have Radio Australia on their other frequencies, 9590 and
9590, 7240, etc. So they're using one of their transmitters (or one
of the contracted ones at Darwin), but they didn't preempt all of
Radio Aus. for this.

Mark Zenier

Old March 20th 06, 05:43 PM posted to aus.radio.amateur.misc,aus.radio.cb,aus.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Sanjaya

"Mark Zenier" wrote in message ...
In article . net,
Sanjaya wrote:

"Stephen Newlyn" wrote in message
Approximate Schedule for relay of ABC Queensland appears to be

Australian Day Time 11650 Khz 2100 UTC onwards
Australian Night Time 6020 Khz 1000 hours UTC onwards

1149 UTC March 20, 2006
I'm getting a great signal on 6020, with music, weather, updates on the storm
and an ID saying "ABC Local Radio Queensland".
Is this a relay via Radio Australia?

They still have Radio Australia on their other frequencies, 9590 and
9590, 7240, etc. So they're using one of their transmitters (or one
of the contracted ones at Darwin), but they didn't preempt all of
Radio Aus. for this.

Thanks again!

Old March 20th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Take a look at that weather map at www.worldnewsstand.net
It's buku moor here.It has been raining here since last night,heavy duty
raining too,I am talking about with thunder and thunderstorm warnings on
the local Jackson tv channels,my DirecTV satellite signal went out for
about ten minutes a few minutes ago.(I dont want cable tv,I have had
that before) We are socked in here for the rest of the day and probally
tonight and part of tomorrow too according to local area weather
forecast.
cuhulin

Old March 21st 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

wrote:

Take a look at that weather map at
www.worldnewsstand.net
It's buku moor here.It has been raining here since last night,heavy duty
raining too,I am talking about with thunder and thunderstorm warnings on
the local Jackson tv channels,my DirecTV satellite signal went out for
about ten minutes a few minutes ago.(I dont want cable tv,I have had
that before) We are socked in here for the rest of the day and probally
tonight and part of tomorrow too according to local area weather
forecast.
cuhulin

How can your TV go out for ten minutes a few minutes ago?

mike