RadioBanter

-   -   best sounding portable radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/91073-best-sounding-portable-radio.html)

researcher March 22nd 06 04:08 AM

best sounding portable radio

I have a Sony 2010 that is absolutely great but I do not listen to
shortwave. I want to a small portable AM/FM with good sound and
various buttons, ie: timer, presets, etc. Any suggestions ?

mike maghakian March 22nd 06 06:46 AM

best sounding portable radio

I have quite a few radios that I would trade for your 2010.......

oups.com...

David March 22nd 06 01:46 PM

best sounding portable radio

On 21 Mar 2006 20:08:57 -0800, "researcher"
wrote:

I have a Sony 2010 that is absolutely great but I do not listen to
shortwave. I want to a small portable AM/FM with good sound and
various buttons, ie: timer, presets, etc. Any suggestions ?

My Sangean ATS-606A is small, not very loud, but has a very pleasant
sound. My Panasonic RF-B45 has mighty sound, is built like a tank,
but no longer available.

Bob Miller March 22nd 06 03:14 PM

wrote:

I have a Sony 2010 that is absolutely great but I do not listen to
shortwave. I want to a small portable AM/FM with good sound and
various buttons, ie: timer, presets, etc. Any suggestions ?

My GE SuperRadio III has a handle; takes batteries; has the best sound
system of any of my portables -- kind of a monaural am-fm boombox. Has
a woofer and a separate tweeter with tone controls. Only about $37 at
Amazon.com

For more bells and whistles, knobs & buttons, try the CCrane web site;
they have about the best selection of better am-fm's that I've seen.
Not cheap, tho'

bpb
k5qwg

John S. March 22nd 06 05:29 PM

researcher wrote:
I have a Sony 2010 that is absolutely great but I do not listen to
shortwave. I want to a small portable AM/FM with good sound and
various buttons, ie: timer, presets, etc. Any suggestions ?

I'm not aware of an AM/FM only radio that will fit that bill. However
for $60.00 or so a Degen DE1103 will cover AM and FM (in addition to
SW), and has quite good audio out the speaker and through the
headphones. And it is highly portable.

Satellit March 22nd 06 05:31 PM

wrote:

I have a Sony 2010 that is absolutely great but I do not listen to
shortwave. I want to a small portable AM/FM with good sound and
various buttons, ie: timer, presets, etc. Any suggestions ?

My GE SuperRadio III has a handle; takes batteries; has the best sound
system of any of my portables -- kind of a monaural am-fm boombox. Has
a woofer and a separate tweeter with tone controls. Only about $37 at
Amazon.com

For more bells and whistles, knobs & buttons, try the CCrane web site;
they have about the best selection of better am-fm's that I've seen.
Not cheap, tho'

bpb
k5qwg

I really enjoy the sound on my S-350 but as far as a shortwave radio
goes, you can do a lot better.

The Degen 1102 is a great portable and for the size I'd say the sound
was excellent. But it is tinny compared to larger models. Pick your
poison - I'd imagine the biggest portable you find generally will have
the best sound.

Caveat Lector March 22nd 06 06:17 PM

best sounding portable radio

GE SUPER RADIOS
a.. Speakers: 6.5-inch high-sensitivity woofer and 2-inch cone tweeter
a.. Reception: Tuned RF on AM and FM for long-range reception

Also sold by Radio Shack -- Optimus Brand as I recall

AM is super but analog tuning -- really pulls em in with its big ferriloop
antanna - great sound from the big speaker

FM is so so sensitivity & selectivity wise - No stereo speakers, but stereo
on earphones as I recall The SRIII is reported improved on FM

Try it you'll like it for $40 or so.

FAQ at URL:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/r...gesr_tech.html

Reviews at URL:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=172282

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Lenny March 25th 06 12:46 PM

best sounding portable radio

The sound on my Grundig YB 400 is amazing.
Best fidelity on a small radio I've ever heard.
Lenny

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

[email protected] March 25th 06 02:01 PM

best sounding portable radio

I dont want any stinking made in China or made in Asia radios.I own a
made in Germany Grundig (I say Telefunken built that radio)
M/FM/Shortwave/Phonograph wooden cabinet floor model radio,I paid $14.00
for it at a Goodwill store,yes,it works.I also own a made in Germany
Telefunken Opus 7 AM/FM/Shortwave big wooden cabinet model table
radio,yes,it works too.I paid $4.00 for that radio at a Goodwill store.
cuhulin