RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for Yacht Boy 300 Manual, or how to adjust AM freq spacing (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/92116-looking-yacht-boy-300-manual-how-adjust-am-freq-spacing.html)

Father Guido April 4th 06 07:33 AM

Looking for Yacht Boy 300 Manual, or how to adjust AM freq spacing

I recently received a Yacht Boy 300PE, but it didn't come
with a manual, so I'm a bit lost. It seems to be set up
for 9 KHz AM spacing. I did try entering 960 (entry - 960
- entry), but it went to 954 instead, 963 picks up
interference when I'm trying to listen to 960, 954 is even
worse.

If anyone knows how to change it to 10KHz I'd appreciate
it very much. Better yet, if anyone knows where I could
download a manual I could even use more of it's features.

Thanks in advance!

Norm

Sanjaya April 4th 06 09:31 AM

"Father Guido" wrote in message ...
I recently received a Yacht Boy 300PE, but it didn't come
with a manual, so I'm a bit lost. It seems to be set up
for 9 KHz AM spacing. I did try entering 960 (entry - 960
- entry), but it went to 954 instead, 963 picks up
interference when I'm trying to listen to 960, 954 is even
worse.

If anyone knows how to change it to 10KHz I'd appreciate
it very much. Better yet, if anyone knows where I could
download a manual I could even use more of it's features.

Thanks in advance!

Norm

Just a guess... look under the batteries for a tiny switch. One position is 9kHz and
the other is 10.

Doug Smith W9WI April 4th 06 02:03 PM

Father Guido wrote:
If anyone knows how to change it to 10KHz I'd appreciate
it very much. Better yet, if anyone knows where I could
download a manual I could even use more of it's features.

There's a little black switch under the batteries.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

[email protected] April 4th 06 02:32 PM

Looking for Yacht Boy 300 Manual, or how to adjust AM freqspacing

When I bought a Sangean 909 radio from ccrane company,I remember inside
the battery compartment area,there was one or two tiny little flip
switches for selecting 9khz and 10khz.Look around carefully in the
battery compartment for a little switch lever.
cuhulin

RHF April 4th 06 05:30 PM

Looking for Yacht Boy 300 Manual, or how to adjust AM freq spacing

DS [W9WI] - That's what I remember ~ RHF

RHF April 4th 06 05:47 PM

RANT - Eton Corp {Grundig North American} SUCKS !

For One and All,

RANT - Eton Corp. {Grundig North American} SUCKS !

WHY ? - Eton Corp. does not maintain PDF Files for their
older Grundig {Eton} Radios; which they themselves had
produced and distributed in the USA and Canada.

Grundig {Eton} Radios - SUPPORT - Or Lack of Same - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/

Grundig {Eton} Radios - Product "Owner's" Manuals - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/d...s.aspx?index=1

Grundig {Eton} Radios - Produce Spec Sheets - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/d...s.aspx?index=2

Grundig {Eton} Radios - Product FAQs - - -
[ Frequently Asked Questions ]
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/faq.aspx?index=3

Grundig {Eton} Radios - 'Limited' WARRANTY - - -
[ To the Original Customer ]
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/w...y.aspx?index=7

Grundig {Eton} Radios - Warranty Repairs - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/w...r.aspx?index=8

Grundig {Eton} Radios - Non-Warranty Repair - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/n...r.aspx?index=9

Grundig {Eton} Radios - PARTS - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/o....aspx?index=11

Grundig {Eton} Radios HELP ! - Or Lack of Same - - -
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/help.aspx?index=12

HOW - Much does it cost Eton Corp. ?
To Host a few PDF Files for the Owner's Manual and
Spec Sheets for the old Grundig Yacht Boy 300 PE
and several other Grundig Brand Name Radios ?

- - - End-of-Rant ~ RHF

John S. April 4th 06 08:44 PM

RANT - Eton Corp {Grundig North American} SUCKS !

Eton is not a radio company in the sense that I knew the big companies
to be. From National to Kenwood to Yaesu to Panasonic you could count
on parts and manuals to be available for some period of time. Eton
impresses me as a company whose focus is that of a marketer and
distributor of radios, with little interest in providing long term
support for older products. And given the price of most of their new
radios it is hard to argue too much. They are for the most part
complex radios to be thrown away when something breaks.

RHF April 5th 06 12:04 AM

RANT - Eton Corp {Grundig North American} SUCKS !

John S.,

Repeat of Rant - - -

HOW - Much does it cost Eton Corp. ?
To Host a few PDF Files for the Owner's Manual and
Spec Sheets for the old Grundig Yacht Boy 300 PE
and several other Grundig Brand Name Radios ?

- - - End-of-Rant

A few penneys well spent on maintaining a few of
the webpages that were already published and
posted on their website. Could save them much
more then answering Tech Support Phone Calls

Here are Grundig {Eton} Radios Telephone #s :
http://www.etoncorp.com/US/support/

ETON Corporation
-aka- Grundig Radio North America

1015 Corporation Way
Palo Alto, CA 94303

Product Info - Toll Free "800" #s
For the USA - 1-800-872-2228
For Canada : 1-800-637-1648

Tech Support - Toll Free "800" #s
For the USA - 1-800-872-2228
For Canada : 1-800-637-1648

Rant-and-Rave - Toll Free "800" #s
For the USA - 1-800-872-2228
For Canada : 1-800-637-1648

Telephone
1-650-903-3866
Facsimile {FAX}
1-650-903-3867

General Inquiries {INFO} via eMail

Customer Service {SUPPORT} via eMail

Sales {BUSINESSES} via eMail

~ RHF

Father Guido April 5th 06 12:14 AM

RANT - Eton Corp {Grundig North American} SUCKS !

On 4 Apr 2006 09:47:35 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

~For One and All,
~
[...]
~ .
~ .
~. .
~ .

Exactly, I couldn't find anything on the web, or Grundig.
Although I did find a YB400PE manual online, but it didn't
help. 8^(