RadioBanter

-   -   On the really Short Waves... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/92946-re-really-short-waves.html)

Brian Hill April 17th 06 03:40 PM

On the really Short Waves...

"dxAce" wrote in message

David wrote:

http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/whatsonsat.pl

That's not shortwave, you stupid 'tard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

He just posts that crap because it ****es you off Steve. Nobodies that
stupid, but then again he may be?

--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

David April 17th 06 06:33 PM

On the really Short Waves...

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:40:01 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David wrote:

http://www.publicradiofan.com/cgi-bin/whatsonsat.pl

That's not shortwave, you stupid 'tard.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

He just posts that crap because it ****es you off Steve. Nobodies that
stupid, but then again he may be?

**** you. I don't need a lawyer. I posted it because some of the
smart ones around here are SWLs because of the superior content, 90%
of which has moved to alternative delivery venues.

If certain fossils wish to hang on and listen to the Neonazi Preachers
that dominate the bands these days (HF love it or leave it) in lieu
of intelligent content, so be it. I will continue to assume there are
a few people around here who have not undergone autolobotomy.

an_old_friend April 17th 06 07:20 PM

On the really Short Waves...

David wrote:
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:40:01 -0500, "Brian Hill" wrote:

He just posts that crap because it ****es you off Steve. Nobodies that
stupid, but then again he may be?

**** you. I don't need a lawyer.

you keep up that way and you may need a doc (more than I already
supect you do)

Brian Hill April 17th 06 07:35 PM

On the really Short Waves...

"David" wrote in message

**** you. I don't need a lawyer. I posted it because some of the
smart ones around here are SWLs because of the superior content, 90%
of which has moved to alternative delivery venues.

If certain fossils wish to hang on and listen to the Neonazi Preachers
that dominate the bands these days (HF love it or leave it) in lieu
of intelligent content, so be it. I will continue to assume there are
a few people around here who have not undergone autolobotomy.

Your a dumbass.
--

Regards
B.H.

junius April 17th 06 08:24 PM

On the really Short Waves...

I really don't see why David's initial posting should be any more
offensive than all the other (even more) off-topic postings in this
newsgroup.

At least there's programming overlap, even if the mode of transmission
is different.

No one seems to get the least bit riled up when Cuhulin starts up his
nonsense about Lassie Come Home or when he begins his tired old routine
of reliving the hopelessly dated humor of Dr. Strangelove.

But, really, the back-and-forth is not so much about on-topic v.
off-topic....it's primarily about usenet ego wars between a handful of
individuals in the group. If they have nothing else to do with their
time, then I suppose they may as well have fun going at it... The
ranting that ensues contributes just as little to the group as anything
else, ultimately resulting in only another long thread about nothing
being contributed to the archive.

So be it...that's just the way things work here.

Carry on, folks! ;-)

dxAce April 17th 06 08:27 PM

On the really Short Waves...

junius wrote:

I really don't see why David's initial posting should be any more
offensive than all the other (even more) off-topic postings in this
newsgroup.

It's satellite crap!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce April 17th 06 08:48 PM

On the really Short Waves...

wrote:

junius wrote:

I really don't see why David's initial posting should be any more
offensive than all the other (even more) off-topic postings in this
newsgroup.

It's satellite crap!

What is Art Bell?

He's a fellow on the R A D I O... real genuine terrestrial R A D I O, you
dumbass catamite.

Now run along and tote.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

junius April 17th 06 08:55 PM

On the really Short Waves...

Satellite crap...hmmm, okay...I could have predicted this response!
;-)

Satellite crap....as opposed to Cuhulin's Turner Classic Movies
crap...which could also satellite crap (Direct TV, Dish Network, etc),
unless, of course, it's cable crap. Either way, if the argument is
over on-topic v. off-topic, Cuhulin's nonsense is much more hopelessly
off-topic.

(don't get me wrong on one point he I like Robert Osborne and the
rest of the TCM gang...of course, not every B&W movie is a "classic"!)

Brian Hill April 17th 06 09:13 PM

On the really Short Waves...

"junius" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well I guess you pegged it. The truth is, I really don't like Dave. Welcome
to UseNet :)