RadioBanter

-   -   Ground Rod Selection (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/93299-re-ground-rod-selection.html)

David April 22nd 06 08:02 PM

Ground Rod Selection

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:25:52 GMT, Monroe wrote:

As a lone time listener but relative newbie to the tech, I've been
educating myself on system basics including ground questions.
Currently using a marginal 1.0 m steel post as a ground for a
shortwave Rx application. Intention is to upgrade to a 8 - 10 ft
ground rod (the only ground off of a 9:1 balun - post ground and balun
bracket - that a coax feedline connects with the Rx; this associated
with an inverted "L" antenna). I've read plenty of references to
copper rod or copper clad ground rods but I've yet to have any local
suppliers recognize this (let alone be able to supply). Standard
availability in my area are galvanized steel ground rods. Are these
of equivalent quality?

Close enough.