RadioBanter

-   -   Andean on 6134.8 kHz (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/93722-andean-6134-8-khz.html)

junius April 30th 06 06:04 PM

Andean on 6134.8 kHz

Heard at 0902 UTC on 6134.8 kHz. Monitored for about 15 mins or so,
but didn't hear any ID. Lively talk between male announcer & female
announcer, with helpings of Andean music in between. I was getting
pretty good copy on this one, so if you're into the Andean stations,
this might be one to listen out for in the U.S. mornings.

According to ILG & EIBI listings, R. Santa Cruz (Bolivia) is the only
Andean station currently operating at this frequency (varying
frequency, acc. to ILG).

Heard in WVa using E1 receiver w/100 foot wire & 9:1 transformer.

junius April 30th 06 06:06 PM

Andean on 6134.8 kHz

BTW, date of this logging was 29 April.

dxAce April 30th 06 08:15 PM

Andean on 6134.8 kHz

junius wrote:

Heard at 0902 UTC on 6134.8 kHz. Monitored for about 15 mins or so,
but didn't hear any ID. Lively talk between male announcer & female
announcer, with helpings of Andean music in between. I was getting
pretty good copy on this one, so if you're into the Andean stations,
this might be one to listen out for in the U.S. mornings.

According to ILG & EIBI listings, R. Santa Cruz (Bolivia) is the only
Andean station currently operating at this frequency (varying
frequency, acc. to ILG).

Heard in WVa using E1 receiver w/100 foot wire & 9:1 transformer.

They reportedly vary from around 6134.6 to 6135.2

QSL'd here back in 1992, they also sent a nice pennant.

dxAce
Michigan
USA