RadioBanter

-   -   New radio gloat! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/93876-re-new-radio-gloat.html)

John S. May 3rd 06 03:46 AM

New radio gloat!

m II wrote:
It must be a coincidence. There was a Realistic dx-160 thread a while
ago. Today I visited a local second hand store and picked up the same radio.

It's in good shape, with factory external speaker and manual. Price?
Seventy dollars Canadian. I was happy and the seller was MORE than
happy. It was a good deal all around and now my first 160 has a twin
buddy to keep it company.

Life is good.

mike

Congrats and enjoy! I purchased a somewhat older DX150b with speaker
and manual at an estate auction. The only damage was some paint on the
power cord and a misalignment of the main and bandspread dials. The
misalignment was cured in 5 minutes and what a fun little radio it
turned out to be.

ktjn May 3rd 06 03:57 AM

New radio gloat!

In article . com,
"John S." wrote:

m II wrote:
It must be a coincidence. There was a Realistic dx-160 thread a while
ago. Today I visited a local second hand store and picked up the same radio.

It's in good shape, with factory external speaker and manual. Price?
Seventy dollars Canadian. I was happy and the seller was MORE than
happy. It was a good deal all around and now my first 160 has a twin
buddy to keep it company.

Life is good.

nice scoop. i always check out the seconds hands stores. found quite a
few radio goodies