RadioBanter

-   -   Iran and N. Korea Question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/94024-iran-n-korea-question.html)

[email protected] May 6th 06 04:20 AM

Iran and N. Korea Question

What are the best freqs and times to hear the "Axis of Evil" in
English. I remember N.Korea in the morning hours on 31M I believe.
Iran was in the evening. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Frank
Tucson, AZ

running dogg May 7th 06 03:30 AM

Iran and N. Korea Question

wrote:

What are the best freqs and times to hear the "Axis of Evil" in
English. I remember N.Korea in the morning hours on 31M I believe.
Iran was in the evening. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Frank
Tucson, AZ

I believe that North Korea is on 9335 at 1500 UTC or so. Iran is on at
0130 UTC on 7235 (or was that 7325? I lost my notes, going from memory).
I've never heard either, but Iran is supposedly more entertaining than
North Korea. North Korea apparently has lots of mind numbing old
fashioned Stalinist fare. Iran is more firey, with lots of angry
denunciations of the US. Iran is extremely hard to pick up west of the
Rockies. I live in CA and the best I've been able to get is a low murmur
just below the noise floor. North Korea is easy to get on the west coast
since I believe that it mostly travels a darkness path at that time.

[email protected] May 7th 06 03:53 AM

Iran and N. Korea Question

On 5 May 2006 20:20:53 -0700, wrote:

What are the best freqs and times to hear the "Axis of Evil" in
English. I remember N.Korea in the morning hours on 31M I believe.
Iran was in the evening. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Frank
Tucson, AZ

Iran is currently broadcasting to N.A. on 7235 and 9495 from 1:30 to
2:30 UTC. They're usually easier to receive in the summer months, here
in Tx. anyways. And there's always the netcast at:
http://www.irib.ir/worldservice/engl...IO/default.htm