RadioBanter

-   -   Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/94055-re-elimination-cw-loss-number-ways-we-can-communicate-other.html)

[email protected] May 6th 06 10:21 PM

Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other.

On Sat, 06 May 2006 19:27:09 GMT, HFguy wrote:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I fully agree that in some conditions a Morse tone will get through where
voice is an unintelligble mush, if heard at all, but apart from prisoners
tapping out messages on pipes its days as an *essential* comms tool are
pretty much over.

How do you send Morse code by tapping on a pipe when all you can send is
a 'dit'?

Geat, you've just ruined every POW movie made by introducing common
sense. Jeez, next you'll try to tell me that cars don't necesarily
blow up when going over a cliff 8-}