RadioBanter

-   -   A couple of Panasonic RF-5000 questions (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/94446-couple-panasonic-rf-5000-questions.html)

Jim Hackett May 14th 06 05:49 AM

A couple of Panasonic RF-5000 questions

I just took delivery of a fine specimen of one a few days ago. I didn't get
a manual with it and was wondering a couple things.

1. The 2 whip antennas... I ass-u-me these are for FM only? The loop is
obviously for H.F. I ass-u-me again that it has an internal loopstick for
MW and LW.

2. The RF gain appears to work ONLY with the BFO turned on. Is this
correct?

3. Is more of an observation... Damn, this thing sounds good. Sound
quality puts my Sat-800 to shame. I think it's heavier too...