RadioBanter

-   -   DX mapping program (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/94691-dx-mapping-program.html)

John Plimmer May 17th 06 09:05 PM

DX mapping program

I came across this very useful radio DX map tool on the Yahoo groups MWDX.
Courtesy of Jurgen Bartels.

It will show you a map with the path, bearing and distance to any point on
earth from your shack at home.
Really useful for planning your antenna directions or if you just want to
know the direction a signal is coming in from.

If you like listening to the hams and are puzzled by the callsigns, it gives
the callsign prefix's and location.
Also shows the greyline.

Download it at
http://tonnesoftware.com/pizza.html

Well worth a try
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

junius May 17th 06 11:13 PM

DX mapping program

Very nice. Thanks to J. Plimmer & Helmsman for the map tools.

Junius

dxAce May 17th 06 11:18 PM

DX mapping program

junius wrote:

Very nice. Thanks to J. Plimmer & Helmsman for the map tools.

I use the AZMap located here and find it to be adequate:

http://www.aa6z.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA