RadioBanter

-   -   Will a Sony US Radio work in the UK? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/96103-re-will-sony-us-radio-work-uk.html)

Geoffrey S. Mendelson June 7th 06 01:21 PM

Will a Sony US Radio work in the UK?

wrote in message
ups.com...
(Apologies if this is a bit OT - but it seemed to be the most
appropriate place).

I've been looking for a new shower radio and have at last found a Sony
radio (ICF-S79V) that's exactly I want. However it's been discontinued
in the UK and I can only find it on eBay in the US:
http://tinyurl.com/l9ux2

I saw this after I answered the previous post. You could just get a regular
radio and connect a waterproof speaker to it. Or mount a set of computer
speakers in a shelf over shower. Keep in mind that a shower radio still
has to be opened to replace the batteries and it is likely that after a few
times of replacing them it would leak.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/