RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for an indoor antenna for my Satellit 800 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/96177-re-looking-indoor-antenna-my-satellit-800-a.html)

John S. June 8th 06 04:30 PM

Looking for an indoor antenna for my Satellit 800

wrote:
John S. wrote:
JazzyJeff wrote:
MFJ's 1022 looks to be the least expensive and easiest to use, but is
it the right one for use with the Sat800? I've also looked at some
offerings from Palstar and Vectronics that look pretty nice. Universal
Radio wants $54.95 for the 1022, $79.95 for MFJ's 1020C, $99.95 for the
Palstar AA30 and $89.95 for the Vectronics AT-100. The MFJ 1020C and
the Vectronics AT-100 look almost alike. What makes the 1020C cost more?

How about a comnparably performing wire antenna for about $3.00.

- Agree..

an external antenna Plus a co-ax feed will probably cost a magnitude
less and give better reception

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx.../lantenna.html

Or 30 feet of wire run around the perimeter of a window or around the
floor. And in my experience most portables perform very will with the
built-in whip antenna. Raising the level of all signals with an
amplified antenna won't magically draw weak signals from the mud. An
amplified antenna with several knobs to twirl will provide
entertainment for the otherwise bored swl.