RadioBanter

-   -   Grammar question (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/98462-re-grammar-question.html)

Caveat Lector July 10th 06 04:11 PM

Grammar question

Baj since you are writing a formal paper, you will find Merriam-Webster's
Open Dictionary quite helpful - URL:

http://www.m-w.com/home.htm

It returns this for mike
Main Entry: 1mike
Pronunciation: 'mIk
Function: noun
Etymology: by shortening & alteration
: MICROPHONE

Main Entry: 2mike
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): miked; mik·ing
: to supply with a microphone

However your statement is questionable as to whether the staff meetings are
to be recorded or placed on a PA system or perhaps both.

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

wrote in message
ps.com...
I need to know what the past tense of mic is -- as in " I repeatedly
asked for staff meetings to be "MIC'ed". I'm writing a formal paper
for work.

Thanks - your prompt attention is appreciated!!!!

baj