Old March 20th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
John L. Sielke

Default More Amazing!

On eBay there is an UNBUILT SB-104 up to $2025.00. Not even a 104A. Why?

Puzzled in NJ
Old March 20th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Stargatesg1

Some people like to collect unbuilt Heathkit equipment. I never saw the
appeal to Heath gear, but on the other hand, allot of people don't
understand my collection of test equipment either. Different strokes for
different folks:-)

--
RoD
KD0XX

Old March 20th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Caveat Lector

Because it is an auction
Merriam and company defines it as
a sale of property to the highest bidder
In this case 7+ folks have bid -- 52 times !!!!

WHY

The highest bidder perceives value thus bids accordingly
Perhaps money is no object
Perhaps they are bit by the nostalgia bug and just got to have it
Perhaps they have a radio museum and this is a rare find for them
Perhaps they surmise that very few exist, thus it might be an investment for
future sale
Perhaps they are a collector of Heath kits and I suspect an unbuilt SB-104
is a pretty rare bird

One of the TV personalities has bought several ham radios off e-bay at very
high prices - he can afford them !
You and I can not thus we are amazed and puzzled (;-)

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old March 20th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Caveat Lector

I forgot -- perhaps the buyer is going to sell the individual parts to
restorers.
In this case doubtful, but I have known Hams to do this and double their
money.

Old March 20th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Caveat Lector

P.S. Over 473 folks have looked at the unbuilt heathkit -- many probably
drooling
Must be an interesting item huh ??