Old October 15th 04, 08:58 PM
N8WWM

Default Bo Gator amp

"BO GATOR" Mobile Linear- 1200 Watt PEP
Posted On Oct 27 2003 __________ Offer ID #: 106

A well built,Competition Type Mobile Linear

A well built, Handmade, competition type Mobile CB linear.
It works on 12-18 Volts DC with a 2 to 5 watt dead key for drive.....
Using a CB radio with a 2 to 5 watt dead key with forward modulation
swing produces 1200 Watts PEP (Peak Modulation) on a Transell Peak Reading
Watt Meter.
Note: if you try to drive it with more than 5 watts dead key ,you will need
to roll back your drive power to the 2-5 watt dead key level,otherwise you
could
damage the output transistors as they don't need a high dead key drive.
The "BO GATOR" Linear Will out perform most other linears in it's class !

Note: Since this is a competition type linear,it is built without all the
extra
bells & whistles....
The basic idea of a Competition Linear is to get the Maximum Modulated power
your antenna,not waste it in receive preamps,meters,led's.....

The Standard model comes with an on/off switch,and a high/low power switch.
For $20 extra we can install an AM/SSB switch for delayed keying.

With 2-5 watts dead key and forward modulation on the driver,we get an
average
of 1200 watts PEP using (2) 2SC2879 transistors......And on our test bench
will
out perform most 4 pill linears.....If you would like to know how good they
work,
Ask some of the Truckers who operate in and out of this area and are running
"Bo Gators"!
Get a "Bo Gator" and do like the truckers do,they talk all over everyone
else!
Warranty.....someone ask me about a Warranty,Did you know that most Major
Brand
Linears have no warranty.......Tubes & Transistors in linear Service Have no
Warranty !
If your SWR is low and you drive this linear like we tell you and you don't
hook
it up backwards,you won't need a warranty.....it has none!

Receive Preamp: at this time we have no provisions for adding a receive
preamp
to the "Bo Gator" Linear.....

Current Draw: the standard vehicle alternator will run this linear just fine
because
you will draw the most current on modulation peaks.....

Note: If you need roll back installed in your cb to conform to the 2-5 Watt
dead key drive needed to drive the "BO GATOR",
send me your 40 channel cb radio plus an additional $35 in Cash/Money Order
,and I will Tune,Peak,Tweak and install the Roll Back and
ship your radio back to you by USPS.......We offer other services
too!....linear repair both Tube & Transistor,Base or Mobile.
Roll back,dial a watt,talk back,cb repair,mike repair,you name it......
if it is CB related we can take care of it....just email me your needs!