Old October 14th 04, 01:24 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Default Speaking of Which...(QRP...)

Are any of you operating QRP on a regular basis? I know Jim and others
have the K2, but wondering if anyone else does QRP on a regular basis...I've
had my eye on the TenTec QPP kits as a fun project, but recently considered the
EMTECH kits, expecially for 40 and 30 meters...

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 16th 04, 08:56 PM
N2EY

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: Speaking of Which...(QRP...)
From:
(N2EY)
Date: 10/14/2004 2:04 PM Central Standard Time

I haven't used the EMTECH or Ten Tec kits, but the EMTECH website sez
they only sell the board. So you'd have to fabricate an enclosure, and
maybe have some nonham critique your metalwork and choice of colors..
;-)

Now "he" is a fashion designer.

Not a designer, Just a critic.

Does his BS never stop...???

Isn't the answer obvious?

Anyway...Yeah, I was wondering about the disparity between the narrative
in EMTECH's literature, but then the "catolog" says "board only".

They probably ran out of enclosures but still have boards.

I don't mind that I'd have to "box" it myself...Acutally, I think I'd
actually prefer it...And even if I got the TenTec kits, I thik I'd put them
in
a different package. I'd prefer to put one of the National dials on it and
give me more "inside" room to play with options...

By the time you do all that you might spend as much as a 40A or a K1 -
complete.

The NORCAL 40A (as used by WA2SI) isn't much more money, and is a
complete kit.

What I'd REALLY like is for W5AMY to get off the purse and buy me a K2
with the 160/SSB options!

Yer not gonna believe this, but I paid for my K2 and options by selling off
parts from the inventory. Stuff that was once inexpensive now commands high
prices. Some via eBay, some via hamfests, some private sales. Etc. One
transformer/choke combo that I got for almost nothing is now in Norway or
Sweden (I forget which) in a restored pre-WW2 Harvey Wells transmitter.

I keep books on sales and expenses (just two more categories in Quicken) and so
I know what I've spent on amateur radio, and what I've gotten from sales.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Speaking of Outrages Kim W5TIT Policy 18 November 20th 03 04:09 AM
Change the SSB power ? Thierry Equipment 36 October 6th 03 08:53 PM