Old August 18th 05, 02:05 AM
John Smith

Default free news server

If you are running windows, and need to use a free news server with
outlook...

1) Open Internet Explorer

2) Enter: news://excelonline.com into the ADDRESS bar and hit enter

3) Outlook express should open up and begin a dialog to get you signed up

.... even if you use another news server you can use this one to create
another identity.

.... if you want to examine other free news servers, use "maxbaud" and
"news servers" in google, make sure you pick one which allows posting,
otherwise you will only be able to read posts...

John
Old August 18th 05, 04:06 AM
an_old_friend

John Smith wrote:
If you are running windows, and need to use a free news server with
outlook...

1) Open Internet Explorer

Well I use free agent but I'll check it out over the next or so

2) Enter: news://excelonline.com into the ADDRESS bar and hit enter

3) Outlook express should open up and begin a dialog to get you signed up

... even if you use another news server you can use this one to create
another identity.

... if you want to examine other free news servers, use "maxbaud" and
"news servers" in google, make sure you pick one which allows posting,
otherwise you will only be able to read posts...

I have had problem with a psiting place and one that I am using for
other stuff

John

Old August 18th 05, 04:08 AM
John Smith

AOF:

Was just hoping it would be of use to you, any others too...

John

Old August 18th 05, 03:58 PM
an_old_friend

thanks they are hard to find these days

and a guy needs more than one these days since some folks will go
stalking though the usenet looking for a guy