RadioBanter

-   -   Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/108023-re-code-requirement-really-keeping-good-people-out-ham-radio.html)

Slow Code October 27th 06 01:08 AM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Libertad October 27th 06 02:02 AM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

"Slow Code" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

Just like pro-Mexican immigration Neo-Kommies, their last argument of refuge
is the race card.

Translation - they don't have an argument.

dxAce October 27th 06 02:12 AM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

Libertad wrote:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

Just like pro-Mexican immigration Neo-Kommies, their last argument of refuge
is the race card.

Canuck is a race, 'tard boy?

dx

[email protected] October 29th 06 08:05 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

Slow Code wrote:
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license. At one time,
possibly 30 years ago it would have made sense to replace the code test
with one that emphasizes skills that actually have a use in the real
world. Sadly, I think that there is little that can be done to attract
younger hams into the hobby. There are just too many license-free ways
of communicating with people from around the world.

[email protected] October 29th 06 08:55 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

wrote:
On 29 Oct 2006 12:05:42 -0800, wrote:

Slow Code wrote:
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license.

but it can help retain those we get and encourage them into intagrate
into the ARs as opposed to being driven out by such as SC

How would retaining the code requirement help to retain those you do
get. I do not understand.

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

an_old_friend October 29th 06 08:57 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

On 29 Oct 2006 12:05:42 -0800, wrote:

Slow Code wrote:
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license.

but it can help retain those we get and encourage them into intagrate
into the ARs as opposed to being driven out by such as SC

How would retaining the code requirement help to retain those you do
get. I do not understand.

obviously you do not understand since the opisite was said ending code
tsting could help retain the new hams

[email protected] October 29th 06 09:06 PM

an_old_friend wrote:
On 29 Oct 2006 12:05:42 -0800, wrote:

Slow Code wrote:
Opus- wrote in
:

Don't you have some offs to ****?

Why do no-coders always break down in the middle of an argument and start
spewing profanities? I just don't understand it. It must be do to their
limited mental abilities.

Opus being a Cannuk probably doesn't help either.

SC

Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license.
but it can help retain those we get and encourage them into intagrate
into the ARs as opposed to being driven out by such as SC

How would retaining the code requirement help to retain those you do
get. I do not understand.

obviously you do not understand since the opisite was said ending code
tsting could help retain the new hams

I see that you real as well as you spell, which is not very good. I
was responding to the following: "but it can help retain those we get
".

Dave October 29th 06 10:51 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of hamradio?

wrote:

SNIPPED

Removing the code requirement at this late date would do little to
increase the number of hams applying for a license. At one time,
possibly 30 years ago it would have made sense to replace the code test
with one that emphasizes skills that actually have a use in the real
world. Sadly, I think that there is little that can be done to attract
younger hams into the hobby. There are just too many license-free ways
of communicating with people from around the world.

Amateur Radio is about much more than "communicating with people from around the
world".

Amateur Radio is about LEARNING !!! LEARNING some physics, learning about
sunspots, learning about antennas, learning about propagation, learning about
some electronics, learning about digital communication techniques, learning
about VHF propagation, learning about microwaves, learning about wide band tv
systems, learning about narrow band tv systems, learning about ... [you complete
the phrase].

If you just want to talk around the world, use CB. If you just want to talk
around town, use FRS. If you want to LEARN about radio become an Amateur Radio
operator [make a commitment to LEARN].

/s/ DD, W1MCE

Dave October 29th 06 10:53 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of hamradio?

wrote:

SNIPPED

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Mark, this is one of many references to your blogspot. What are you trying to say?

Merlin-7 KI4ILB October 29th 06 11:12 PM

Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

You forgot the most important part....
How about helping out the rest of the world in emergencies?

After any disaster, the first comunications out of the effected area comes
from hams. NOHA gets a lot of there hurricane information from hams in the
affected area. Sometimes while the ham op is in the middle of it.

When all else fails...we are there!!!!
Been there, done that
Joe

SNIPPED