Old November 30th 06, 05:05 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Laziness is no reason to destroy quality radio.

"John Smith" wrote in message
Slow Idiot:

I am going to do you a BIG favor. You didn't know I was psychic, did
you? Well, I am, let me give you a reading...

You are the kind of guy who impresses young children, old women, and
mentally and technically challenged individuals. You realize that you
have that special autistic ability of being able to rap out, and quite
profusely--probably, those taps in code. You were quick to realize that
individuals with low self esteem, persons of low self-worth and
individuals seeming to lack any skills what-so-ever were VERY impressed
by such an ability--of course these individuals also failed to realize
just how stupid it was to "hero worship" such a trivial ability.

However, for one such as you, un-remarkable in all other ways type of
guy, no great IQ, no other real skills or abilities, a general inability
to get along in the general society, etc... for you, this was a way of
"feeling special." But, it came at a price, it blinded you to how
simple others with real abilities, high IQ's, great skills, good social
abilities, etc. viewed you. You simply shut your ears, your eyes and
your mind to reality; you finally reached a point where you were unable
to care, to see... You came to live in your "special world" where you
are quite special, talented, skilled, etc. You live there now, you
think you enlighten us with your wasted "text verbiage" here, you draw
upon others good will and tolerance, you keep thinking you have a great
message to impart to us. That soon a revelation will strike us and we
will all recognize you for the great man you think you are...

This story goes on and on, indeed, it appears as if it is one of those
special, un-ending story with you painted as lead hero, painted as such
by you, yourself--of course... well, even you can see where I am going
with all of this. And, you know it is true. You know we will be
watching your behavior in sheer unbelief and amazement, you realize you
really do look quite stupid. You realize you have painted yourself into
a corner which you cannot escape. And, it dawns upon you, you have
nothing to lose, all credibility is lost--you may as well continue on
your present course--there is nothing to be lost--it has already been
gone for quite a time... still, your only two choices is facing your
peers disgust, or quitting, and I am betting you just can't quit. I
have never seen an individual like you who was able...

Good luck...

P.S. I am really not psychic--but you already knew that... It is just
that such small intellect as you display is simple to define... but you
knew that--already. You are simply trapped by the particular mental
disorder which plagues you, your world is small and therefore you expect
it to be so for all others. You are now but an actor on a stage--your
part has already been written, you now only perform your part... a
limited performance, a small performance, a vile performance, but
still--it is yours, and it tells a much larger picture about you--how
much better it would be if performed for people who actually cared...

JS

Bingo!!!!!

Old November 30th 06, 06:37 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:18:23 -0800, "John Smith"
spake thusly:

[...]

It's ironic how he thumps his chest, claiming to be the bearer of all
that is good and true in the ARS yet he directly and blatantly
violates the very standards he champions. For example, the very fact
that he uses completely off-topic newsgroups as his soap box is
exactly the same as operating a radio on completely un-authorized
frequencies and power levels. His mental disorder prevents him from
seeing this.

It's quite sad, really. We should pity him.

--

(Jim, single dad to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"What, Me Worry?" A. E. Newman

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.
Old December 1st 06, 12:40 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default It's a war people, and the lazy asses are trying to take over.

wrote in
ups.com:

From: "John Smith" on Wed, Nov 29 2006 8:18 pm

Slow Idiot:

I am going to do you a BIG favor. You didn't know I was psychic, did
you? Well, I am, let me give you a reading...

"Bang on," John (as they say in the UK). :-)

You are the kind of guy who impresses young children, old women, and
mentally and technically challenged individuals. You realize that you
have that special autistic ability of being able to rap out, and quite
profusely--probably, those taps in code. You were quick to realize that
individuals with low self esteem, persons of low self-worth and
individuals seeming to lack any skills what-so-ever were VERY impressed
by such an ability--of course these individuals also failed to realize
just how stupid it was to "hero worship" such a trivial ability.

Such hero worship is over a half century LATE. But, some have
had their thinking conditioned by continuous propaganda from
a certain membership organization for just as long. Their brains
have been thoroughly washed and they found themselves hung out
to dry in the yard of ignorance and apathy of a time gone by.

[...]

"Great man?" No, a Grate man, a sociopathic bigot.

This story goes on and on, indeed, it appears as if it is one of those
special, un-ending story with you painted as lead hero, painted as such
by you, yourself--of course... well, even you can see where I am going
with all of this. And, you know it is true. You know we will be
watching your behavior in sheer unbelief and amazement, you realize you
really do look quite stupid. You realize you have painted yourself into
a corner which you cannot escape. And, it dawns upon you, you have
nothing to lose, all credibility is lost--you may as well continue on
your present course--there is nothing to be lost--it has already been
gone for quite a time... still, your only two choices is facing your
peers disgust, or quitting, and I am betting you just can't quit. I
have never seen an individual like you who was able...

He can't quit now. Like Robeson, he's already dug his way too
deep into his own egotistical underworld, has NOTHING to support
his conception beyond the Archaid Radiotelegraphy Society (ARS)
propaganda that is over a half century out of date.

Good luck...

I cannot agree on that...for, like all egotistical bigots, he
insists that he is the "model" for all to emulate. Ignorance
of the rest of the radio world is no excuse. Rather, I wish
him all the bad luck possible. :-(

P.S. I am really not psychic--but you already knew that... It is just
that such small intellect as you display is simple to define... but you
knew that--already. You are simply trapped by the particular mental
disorder which plagues you, your world is small and therefore you expect
it to be so for all others. You are now but an actor on a stage--your
part has already been written, you now only perform your part... a
limited performance, a small performance, a vile performance, but
still--it is yours, and it tells a much larger picture about you--how
much better it would be if performed for people who actually cared...

Absolutely NO psychic abilities needed to see his "act" and
judge this meanderthal of morse. If he were really on stage
he would be booed off without any audience hesitation. Exit
stage left...hastily.

The odd part of these forums is that they do NOT exit. These
sociopathic bigots enjoy their own virtual worlds too well to
leave. Separated by time, distance, and anonymity possible
in here, they fear nothing and operate with impunity. They
love only themselves and their words, the "getting even" with
all others who have given them frustrations elsewhere. They
need the tarnkappen of their own-tailored invisible clothes
of grandeur. If there be pity for them it would be for their
own naked ignorance.

LA

We dare not let Lenny and the rest of the dumb-it-down crowd win.

SC
Old December 1st 06, 12:41 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"U-Know-Who" wrote in
:

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

I'm happy you two lazy ass Lids found each other, when ya getting
married?

I suggest you two, plus Markie, Opus and stay out of this thread. It's
only for people like me that want to protect and preserve the quality &
integrity of the amateur radio service. People like you, John Smith,
Opus, Lenny and Markie want to destroy it because you believe people
shouldn't have to learn anything or be good at anything to be a ham radio
operator.

SC
Old December 1st 06, 05:01 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Slow Code wrote:

We dare not let Lenny and the rest of the dumb-it-down crowd win.

SC

SC:

Sometimes I am convinced that you are an excellent "satire comedian."
Other times, you have me convinced you are for real. Sometimes you have
me busting a gut and laughing until tears come, other times you yank my
heart-stings in pity.

Take this last post of your, it can be viewed as tongue-in-cheek satire,
or, it can be viewed as insane rant.

Certainly you cannot place much importance on CW. Amateurs have a real
purpose, to expand radio on ALL frontiers. Help in the community, help
in educating the youth in radio, help in disasters, help in developing
techniques, equip., theory development, etc. (the list really goes
on-and-on here)

Probably the least important aspects of all this is rag chewing,
contesting, favoritism of individuals and groups, etc. They are fun for
some and amateur radio has a place for these activities, but these are
self-serving and we must be careful least amateurs on a whole end up
being judged on such self-serving behaviors. However, when we are
taking from amateur radio for our own personal goals, likes and
entertainment we are NOT giving. Or, put simply, I can easily imagine
Einstein, Tesla, De Forest, Bell, etc. having a great interest in radio,
however, I am in doubt as to them getting excited about having to learn
morse to obtain the license.

So, when you go crying "the sky is falling" over amateur radio
progressing and dropping an ancient tradition of morse testing, how can
any logical mind view you as NOT being self-serving, how can anyone take
you seriously at all? Are you a con man attempting to sell us the idea
that you really see great benefit in CW? That CW is a major part of
radio in 2006? Come on man, anyone crying such nonsense is going to be
called on those cons schemes immediately.

You see CW as being a real barrier, something that many who desperately
want to become amateurs will avoid and by so avoiding fail to obtain an
amateur license. Certainly you cannot really believe that; you can see
how people would view you as deranged if you held such views, can't you?
If someone really wants an amateur license, it they are so devoted to
hero worship of amateurs as your were--they will end up with that
license in their back pocket--even some uneducated and mentally
challenged person from the back swamps of DumbBuck Egypt can learn to
tap that code if he/she is driven.

I think as a young man, you viewed amateurs in some form of hero
worship. I think you viewed them as larger than life. I am afraid that
once you obtained your license, these fantasies did not fade. Indeed,
you wove these fantasies into your ego and your ego became dependent on
your amateur license hanging on your wall. You recognized that if a
very large number of people had amateur licenses (say the same number
who hold fishing licenses or drivers licenses or contracting licenses,
etc.) your feeling of being "special" would go away. So, you began to
plot. You began to find ways you felt would stop people from getting
licenses and get behind those ideas and push them and sell them. You
certainly knew there were other such individuals as yourself out there
and they would come to your aid. Indeed, I do not even think you were
the one to come up with the original idea, I think that would have been
beyond you. Someone else came up with the idea, you just jumped on
his/her bandwagon.

So, now we arrive here. And, you are indeed correct, CW does make some
shy away from amateur radio. The reward of having an amateur license is
just not big enough for them to learn a set of dits and dahs to send
messages with, frankly, I see Einstein never bothered. I guess you look
at this as a "winning" situation, I do not. I look at it as a evil
self-centered plan which you and others are engaged in to limit amateur
radio, and it just kind-of-got-that-way because no one has taken you to
task.

I know of no good reasons to maintain any CW requirement in amateur
testing. Even learning it for historical reasons does not justify the
expenditure of time and effort it requires just to purchase a radio, buy
an antenna and grab up a mic (and that is exactly what the large
majority of amateurs are today, code tapping appliance users.)

In all your rants I see no real reasons for maintaining the CW
requirement. In fact, when you are hard pressed and under attack, you
admit to having your self-centered self at the core of you manipulations.

If you think I hate you, I do not. If you think I see you as the most
evil person I have ever conversed with, I do not--I have some neighbors
much worse. I just don't understand you. And, why that is, is because
no one here is attempting to "win" by eliminating morse. We are
attempting to win by making amateur radio enticing enough to fill our
ranks with new bright minds, something YOU SHOULD place much more
importance on. Indeed, CW pales in comparison when viewed side-by-side.

Let me leave you with one important "vision" to dwell upon. Next time
you are a social event, a cocktail party, a civic function, etc. and you
find someone, or some group who is really, really impressed with you
being an amateur radio operator--then, right at that time, take a
really, really good look at those people who are so all impressed and
tell me if it really matters that you impress "those people?" If you
say yes, you and I don't even live in the same universe.

Regards,
JS

Old December 1st 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
If you hate CW or are too dumb or lazy to learn it, your retard ass needs
to stick with scanners, shortwave, cell phones, and CB. We don't need you
in ham radio.

SC You need
to leave, it's not for you.

Old December 2nd 06, 01:41 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

John Smith wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote:

We dare not let Lenny and the rest of the dumb-it-down crowd win.

SC

SC:

Sometimes I am convinced that you are an excellent "satire comedian."
Other times, you have me convinced you are for real. Sometimes you have
me busting a gut and laughing until tears come, other times you yank my
heart-stings in pity.

Take this last post of your, it can be viewed as tongue-in-cheek satire,
or, it can be viewed as insane rant.

I'm a firm believer in using humor and satire to try to make my point.
It's like cracking a walnut with a sledgehammer. Whether or not anyone
wants to accept or agree with me, I hope we can all still have a good
laugh.

I know of no good reasons to maintain any CW requirement in amateur
testing.

How about, Requiring it in order to be able to communicate with it?
That's a good reason and you're learning a skill. Keeping people like
Markie off HF doesn't sound too bad either.

The first time you hear 'AAAAAAUDIOOOOOOOOOOOOO' or 'skipland skipland
skipland' in the middle of 20meters, you'll get a change of heart and will
want to beg forgiveness at the Church of Hiram. I heard it a couple times
and it made even the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I was
already born again.

SC
Old December 2nd 06, 01:41 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"tools" wrote in :

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
If you hate CW or are too dumb or lazy to learn it, your retard ass
needs to stick with scanners, shortwave, cell phones, and CB. We don't
need you in ham radio.

SC

You need to leave, it's not for you.

I'll leave when there is no hope left. How are things in Lid-ville?

SC
Old December 2nd 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"John Smith" wrote in message
Slow Code wrote:

We dare not let Lenny and the rest of the dumb-it-down crowd win.

SC

Sometimes I am convinced that you are an excellent "satire comedian."
Other times, you have me convinced you are for real.

I jousted with him for a while. It was like trying to stab fog.

Old December 3rd 06, 12:35 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Sal M. Onella" wrote in
:

"John Smith" wrote in message
Slow Code wrote:

We dare not let Lenny and the rest of the dumb-it-down crowd win.

SC

Sometimes I am convinced that you are an excellent "satire comedian."
Other times, you have me convinced you are for real.

I jousted with him for a while. It was like trying to stab fog.

That was right before you scurried away with your tail between your legs.
If it felt like you were stabbing fog, then you were too far gone to
understand the argument. Now go diddle with your ATV.

SC