Old November 23rd 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default Turkeys on two meters.

Used to be able to hear technical things, now all I got to listen
to is turkeys. They gooble back and forth at each other.

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.

SC
Old November 23rd 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default crapthon goes on

Slow Code wrote:

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.

if they take the time to learn Morse Code they can't study as much

SC

Old November 24th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

an_old_friend wrote:
Slow Code wrote:

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.

if they take the time to learn Morse Code they can't study as much

How much CW do you hear on two meters? Not very much. CW is primarily
a HF mode.

Old November 24th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ps.com...

an_old_friend wrote:
Slow Code wrote:

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.

if they take the time to learn Morse Code they can't study as much

How much CW do you hear on two meters? Not very much. CW is primarily
a HF mode.

Guess I may as well plonk the rest of you guys too. This CW / Code argument
is disgusting. What the **** are you going to argue about IF and WHEN the
FCC should decide to DROP it? Get a ****ing life already. Most of you have
been plonked to avoid reading this stupid ****. Start a ****ing news group -
CW/CODE and it's benefits or lack thereof - LEAVE this room for what it is
for - SWAPPING.

Old November 24th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

an_old_friend wrote:
Slow Code wrote:

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.
if they take the time to learn Morse Code they can't study as much

How much CW do you hear on two meters? Not very much. CW is primarily
a HF mode.

Guess I may as well plonk the rest of you guys too. This CW / Code argument
is disgusting. What the **** are you going to argue about IF and WHEN the
FCC should decide to DROP it? Get a ****ing life already. Most of you have
been plonked to avoid reading this stupid ****. Start a ****ing news group -
CW/CODE and it's benefits or lack thereof - LEAVE this room for what it is
for - SWAPPING.

Heavy crossposting has occurred. You can help by restricting posts to
the relevant group.

Old November 25th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

an_old_friend wrote:
Slow Code wrote:

[...]

Cross posting isn't so bad, as this stupid discussion has gone on for so
damned long and it HAS ruined a "few" groups already, not just the "Swap"
group. This horse has been beaten so bad past death - it is almost leather.
The FCC most likely "will" drop it, so why not just move on. CW is a mode -
just like all others. It doesn't really do much more than prove you
"learned" something. IT won't repair your radios and is SURE in hell doesn't
keep the riffraff off the bands. The "manuals" need to be strengthened on
content - to get those back in that "know" the subject, not just a bunch of
one liner answers. Any "idiot" can learn that.
CW, SSB, FM, AM, RTTY, ATV, whatever - pick a mode or two or three - and
ENJOY. NOT ONE OF THEM will make you a "better" operator. AND YES, to
"qualify" for being able to speak, I AM a 20 WPM extra. Been one for quite a
while - so what! I've given my call in here in the past - unlike Mr. Slow
Code - who has yet to prove himself. He bitches about the "code" being
abolished. WHY did he pick "SLOW CODE"? Maybe because "HE" can't do code? OR
he does it at a slow pace because that is all he can muster. HE is a "SLOW
LEARNER"? And he wants it reinstated to 20 WPM? That is laughable. Yeah,
I've banished most of the repliers to this. It is a shame, my list shows 20
or whatever posts at the start of the loading - then all the sudden due to
the filtering - NONE show up. This group had issues before with topics here
and there, but this one has "ruined" this group. I "used" to enjoy the FS
listings and hell - even the FAs for that matter - which sure beats the ****
out of this OVER USED - LAME topic. It is time to move on. There are far
more important issues facing our country and world than a "mode" of
operation. If people spent 1/8 the time being so strong on education as they
are about this - maybe the education system wouldn't suck so bad and the
kids today "might" learn something. Most schools - at least around here -
have quit teaching trades. I guess they figure we have no further need for -
welders, brick/block layers, machinists, electricians, electronics techs,
etc. They're too worried about "football" stadiums. Sad to say - all that is
doing is driving up the tax base for those who can't afford it. Even the
teachers aren't being paid well due to it. FOOTBALL - is a nice sport, but
not our future. MAYBE - JUST MAYBE - ONE out of any 10 graduating classes
will make it to the "pros". GET BACK TO REALITY. You want to ARGUE CODE?
OK - SUPPORT the "bolstering" of the "Trade" to go with it. THEN you'll have
my support.

Old November 28th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Markie wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.

if they take the time to learn Morse Code they can't study as much

If you would stop crapping on the net 24/7 you'd have more study time too.

SC
Old November 30th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
Markie wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

If they don't have to learn CW, they just don't study as much.

if they take the time to learn Morse Code they can't study as much

If you would stop crapping on the net 24/7 you'd have more study time too.

SC

I PUNCE
..
..