Old February 22nd 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Default Techs invade 10-meters !

HURRY...you only have a few hours left before the Techs invade 10-meters!
Remember, you said you were going to sell all of your gear and get out of
the hobby if CW was ever removed from the test(s) because ham radio will be
the same as CB.

Hurry, sell/give away your stuff NOW !!!!

Old February 22nd 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

"Jeff" wrote in message
HURRY...you only have a few hours left before the Techs invade 10-meters!
Remember, you said you were going to sell all of your gear and get out of
the hobby if CW was ever removed from the test(s) because ham radio will
be the same as CB.

Hurry, sell/give away your stuff NOW !!!!

I for one welcome the Techs to 10M. You are probably too young to remember
that Amateurs once had 11M (now the CB Band) -- some say we lost it because
we didn't use it.

The same thing could happen if we don't use 10M (even at the bottom of the
solar cycle)

We need to encourage new folks and new licensee privileges to be welcome in
Amateur Radio. Your post doesn't help a bit.

CL -- An old time 20WPM Extra Class

Old February 22nd 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

My post was more tounge-in-cheek, but I do remember alot of OM's were
complaining about 'no-code techs' invading 'their' territory. Many had
threatened to get out of ham radio all together and either sell or give away
their gear if techs ever got HF privledges without learning code. My post
was just a friendly reminder that it's inevitable (effective 12:01 am EST
Feb. 23, 2007) and they need to hurry-up and unload their gear as promised.
Many of us are looking for a bargain or two.

Old February 22nd 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

"Jeff" wrote in message
My post was more tounge-in-cheek, but I do remember alot of OM's were
complaining about 'no-code techs' invading 'their' territory. Many had
threatened to get out of ham radio all together and either sell or give
away their gear if techs ever got HF privledges without learning code. My
post was just a friendly reminder that it's inevitable (effective 12:01 am
EST Feb. 23, 2007) and they need to hurry-up and unload their gear as
promised. Many of us are looking for a bargain or two.

I suspected the tongue in cheek post but for those who didn't spot that I
thought I'd add my two cents worth (or worthless).

I really get tired of all the Ham Bashing that goes on the RR NG's and the
elitest posts

CL

Old February 23rd 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Want a big surprise, listen around 27.440 MHz LSB for what they call
Freebanders.
Check on http://www.cbgazette.com/freeband.html and you'll see they have
the band channelized. I tripped on a QSO that sounded quite civil and
after listening for a while I never heard any IDS so I Googled the freq
and what I found amazed me.
I think they've expanded CB and are taking over. I occasionally hear
truckers bootlegging on Ten meters and my guess is the FCC in pretty
much in a budget bind because the problem is too big.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old February 23rd 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

Many of the so-called 'Freebanders' are actually hams dialing down to
11-meters to talk skip with non-hams. I mean, CB'ers generally don't run a
Kenwood 2000, Heil Goldline mic, Baringer audio equipment, and an Ameritron
amp into a 3-element steppIR beam. Gotta love them 'Mars/Cap' or '60-meter'
radio mods!

Old February 23rd 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Ed Ed is offline

HURRY...you only have a few hours left before the Techs invade
10-meters! Remember, you said you were going to sell all of your gear
and get out of the hobby if CW was ever removed from the test(s)
because ham radio will be the same as CB.

Hurry, sell/give away your stuff NOW !!!!

Abandon everything because Techs are now using 28.300 to 28.500? !!! I
know your comment is meant tongue-in-cheek, but there are some who
probably take it to heart...........

But realistically, it sure beats Taxicab drivers, truck drivers, and a
bunch of Freebanders !

Ed K7AAT
Old February 23rd 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Wait a second.

Didn't that already happen around 1985, and increase activity between 28.3
and 28.5, and the parts reserved for us non-techs (28.5 and up) sat silent?

I kinda welcome it.

I find all of this hysteria amusing.

GeorgeC
W2DB
near Awstin, TX

Old February 24th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.swap

"George Csahanin" wrote in message
. ..
Wait a second.

Didn't that already happen around 1985, and increase activity between 28.3
and 28.5, and the parts reserved for us non-techs (28.5 and up) sat
silent?

Yep for Tech plus folks (passed a morse test)

Part of the heavy use of 28.3 to 28.5 MHz was due to many DX and DXpeditions
staying in this region for increased contacts.

I kinda welcome it.

Yep me too

I find all of this hysteria amusing.

Brings out the pro-coders, no-coders, and the elitest for sure.

The Titanic sunk -- grt over it
Code requirement for a Ham license is sunk - get over it
But Morse code will be on the bands in spades for many years to come
You can count on it.

CL
GeorgeC
W2DB