RadioBanter

-   -   FATBOY 2000 watt mobile Linear (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/130058-fatboy-2000-watt-mobile-linear.html)

KC8QJP[_3_] February 3rd 08 02:04 PM

FATBOY 2000 watt mobile Linear

http://cgi.ebay.com/FATBOY-2000-watt...QQcmdZViewItem

If It's not a Fatboy, It's a Toy !!!!

Ed Cregger February 4th 08 04:28 AM

FATBOY 2000 watt mobile Linear

"Pat" wrote in message
Will this work on 10-meter SSB? My Palomar has seen better
days.

"KC8QJP" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/FATBOY-2000-watt...QQcmdZViewItem

If It's not a Fatboy, It's a Toy !!!!

--------------

If the 10 meter band is open, you can work the world with a
one watt handheld. If the band is closed, all you are going
to do is **** off the locals when using a large amplifier.

Ed, NM2K

Libra April 19th 10 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Cregger (Post 616635)

wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.com/FATBOY-2000-watt...QQcmdZViewItem

If It's not a Fatboy, It's a Toy !!!!

--------------

If the 10 meter band is open, you can work the world with a
one watt handheld. If the band is closed, all you are going
to do is **** off the locals when using a large amplifier.

Ed, NM2K

So I guess all of us who use legal-limit amplifiers on the Amateur bands when we need them to overcome less-than-ideal band conditions should be ashamed of ourselves, sell the amp, no better yet, DESTROY IT so some other bad guy won't be tempted to ever USE IT,

Then,

Only use the bands when they are open enough to work QRP.

If the band isn't open then why would there be anyone ON IT to be all overcome with disparaging feelings toward that bad guy amp user?

Hey, I know, maybe the guy with the amp is using it when the band isn't open to DX so he can QSO with someone ground wave and a good distance from him who couldn't HEAR HIM otherwise.
- Ya' THINK?

...shame on that BAD GUY.

Geez.