RadioBanter

-   -   WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/133444-wanted-anyone-know-what-rf-connector-called.html)

Norm VE3CZI May 13th 08 08:35 PM

WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called?

Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Ian Jackson[_2_] May 13th 08 08:56 PM

WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called?

In message , Norm VE3CZI
writes
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Try a search on "Pye connector". I think it's one of those, eg:
http://www.thevalvepage.com/testeq/t.../1632/1632.htm
--
Ian

K3HVG[_2_] May 14th 08 12:49 AM

Norm VE3CZI wrote:
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Years ago, I saw some on an early WWII IFF unit. I was told the
connectors were a British type. The mating connector looked all the
world like like a 90 deg, 1/2" pipe fitting. I've never seen one at a
hamfest (including Dayton) or anywhere else for at least 40+ years.
FWIW! de K3HVG

k35454 May 14th 08 01:00 AM

"Norm VE3CZI" wrote in message
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

It resembles the connectors for the 2 to 8 mc. "A" set
in the Wireless Set No. 19 (see Google) from WW2. k35454.

Norm VE3CZI May 14th 08 09:14 PM

WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called?

Tnx to all replies. Seems to be a British connector for sure. Would
replace it with a bulk head SO-239 but don't have much space to manuver...so
will look for an adapter....Not even sure what the thing does...another Ebay
"bargain"
Am off to Dayton Tomorrow AM....will give me another "reason" to wander the
Flea Market ! !
73...Norm VE3CZI

Eskay May 14th 08 09:18 PM

On Tue, 13 May 2008 15:35:36 -0400, Norm VE3CZI wrote:

Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Norm,,,How thick is the centre pin and what is the diameter of the smooth
inside of the hexagon nut piece?
Eskay.

terryS May 14th 08 10:04 PM

On May 14, 6:18*pm, Eskay wrote:
On Tue, 13 May 2008 15:35:36 -0400, Norm VE3CZI wrote:
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which *am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Norm,,,How thick is the centre pin and what is the diameter of the smooth
inside of the hexagon nut piece?
* * * * * Eskay.

Norm: 90% sure it is a British PYE connector. Used for example on
those Type 19 Sets, many of which were manufactured in North America
and shipped under Lend-Lease to Britain and Russia. Also on some
airborne equipment as mentioned.
I may have a long unused right-angle female that fits your male
connector, somewhere.
Will go and look for it pronto, cos unlikely will ever have use for it
now.
If cannot find find would it not be possible to fit a 239 that has not
the square four bolt pattern but one that is bulkhead mounted with a
single nut.
Another alternative might be a single hole mounting BNC?
If when I find that connector I'll scan and email pix to you.
Any help? Pls advise.
Terry

Bill May 14th 08 10:13 PM

WANTED: Anyone know what this RF Connector is called?

In message , Norm VE3CZI
writes
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Am going to Dayton and want to know what is the proper name to use to
describe the connector...or maybe find a Female mating connector?

Thanks for looking.....Norm VE3CZI

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rodemi/images...Switch%20a.jpg

Hi Norm,
I'm sure that you do but, check your email. I've just sent you a
couple of web sources of these.
--
Bill
G8IAY

Eskay May 14th 08 10:26 PM

On Wed, 14 May 2008 14:04:15 -0700 (PDT), terryS wrote:

On May 14, 6:18*pm, Eskay wrote:
[...]

I'm pretty sure the one I have here is what Norm is looking for.
Eskay

terryS May 14th 08 10:34 PM

On May 13, 5:35*pm, "Norm VE3CZI" wrote:
Have this Antenna Matching Device..for which *am looking for the proper name
for the RF Connector ?

Well, well thought I could put my hand right on it!!!!!!
But no PYE plug connector. Sorry.
Looks like someone in UK has a lead on availability however.
Regards. Terry in VO1xxx land.