RadioBanter

-   -   Tranceiver Dilema (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/136116-tranceiver-dilema.html)

Howard Kowall August 27th 08 03:07 PM

Tranceiver Dilema

Hello all
I am in the process of purchasing a brand new transceiver
I have narrowed it down to 3 transceivers Kenwood TS480SAT,Icom 746PRO,Yaesu
FT950
The rig I would like to purchase is for the Base so I am kind Leary about
the TS480sat other then that the 480 seems like a great rig.
I have read Horror stories on the Icom 746PRO about the the PA,the FT950 is
new ,but the review look good
Can anyone put any insight to this dilemma
thanx
howard