RadioBanter

-   -   WTB: RCI-2970 or RCI-2970(DX) (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/186592-wtb-rci-2970-rci-2970-dx.html)

K8WN July 2nd 12 10:22 PM

WTB: RCI-2970 or RCI-2970(DX)

EMail me with price, location, and details about item.

Bill

Channel Jumper July 6th 12 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K8WN (Post 792772)
EMail me with price, location, and details about item.

Bill

WHY?

It is a over priced CB radio, and there isn't much of a difference between 25 watts and 100 watts.

It is a poor performer as a HAM RAdio.

There is a lot better radios out there for the money and there isn't anyone to talk to on the CB radio.

As far as that goes, if you don't have a beam antenna and tall tower - there isn't much of anyone that would even hear you.

And using it to talk locally is a joke,

It isn't going to make your signal much louder then a box stock 5 watt transceiver on AM and not too many people actually uses SSB - except the radicals who thinks that it is like Amateur Radio and designates a couple of the channels up in the 30's to LSB only.

You can always try Craigs List - there is usually someone who has one for sale for about $350.00 Not that it is even worth that much!