RadioBanter

-   -   Ground Plane (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/49599-ground-plane.html)

REL September 9th 03 02:37 AM

Ground Plane

Who can fill me in on ground plane or effective ground plane.

A steel sign plank 18" X 12 " with a 800 Mhz Mobil in the middle is that
suitable for a hone antenna? In a roof joist.

Rich

Butch September 9th 03 07:14 PM

It'l werk fine Rich, don't even have to bother to place it in attic.
Most communications in 800mHz(VHF-UHF) range and up are through very
elevated antennas and are actually "looking down" at your little dinky
'tenna. One of mine is a mag mount on top of one of my hf rigs.

73, Butch Magee KF5DE