Old September 20th 03, 07:27 PM
private

Default Kenwood THF-6A question??? Drop-in charger??

I was ready to buy one of these and at the last minute
figured out that it doesn't have a drop-in quick charger.
I couldn't believe it.

Does anyone know if they are going to redo this part of
the radio?
Are there any other Lith-Ion HTs out there (Even Dual-
Band) with drop-in quick chargers?
Other than Yaesu's quad band.

Old October 10th 03, 03:48 PM
G.p.G. (DSL#5)

Hey :

*** I would have responded to you privately, but since
your hiding your identity; I guess I'll have to pass this
information on to you through this public forum.

*** Their is only one company that I know of* (because I
bought 2 Drop-in Kenwood TH-F6A charges from them
at the 2003* Dayton Hamvention) that makes a totally
DROP IN RAPID charger for the Kenwood TH-F6A HT.
This unit uses their special batteries, which have been modified
with charging contacts on the batteries back/bottom side; enabling
the unit to be charged with the batteries attached to the back of the
TH-F6A HT, by just dropping it in.

*** The drop-in charger is called a MASTERCHARGER IL, the
batteries are 1800mAh Li-ion 7.4V M/N PB-42L.* This unit is
manufactured by a company called:
W&W Manufacturing.
800 South Broadway,
Hicksville, NY. 11801-5017
(800) 221-0732.
http://www.ww-manufacturing.com

*** They sell the Drop-in Charger unit with a 1800mAh battery
combo for $99.** Extra 1800mAh batteries are ~ $50 each.

*** As for the batteries that are, NOT TRULY DROP-IN, at*
WWW.BATTERIESAMERICA.COM - AKA Mr. Nicad.
If this is that snub, arrogant, A'Hole; that sells at our local hamfests,
from a setup of wheeled table carts, covered with pumpkin orange
table cloths.* I personally wouldn't buy SH'T from him, after
the assitude he was dishing out, at our last hamfest.* A word of
advice Mr. Battery Man.* When your in the business of selling,
it only makes sense to be nice to the people, potential customers,
that you are trying to sell to.* If your not selling many batteries at the
hamfests, maybe you should look at your current pricing, and adjust it
down to meet the current market; instead of getting all ****y because
the other battery sales vendors are beating you down with a stick.* Or
here's a better idea, just don't bother showing up at any of our Chicago
area hamfests anymore.* I for one won't miss you.

Gregory (K9OY)
*

bob wrote:

THEY DO MAKE A DROP IN QUICK CHARGER FOR THE F6.
GO TO ...WWW.BATTERIESAMERICA.COM
THE DESK CHARGER FOR THAT IS THE ..EMS-42K....I HAVE ONE AND IT WORKS
GREAT...ALSO THEY HAVE REPLACEMENT* BATTERIES FOR IS THAT ARE CHEAPER..