RadioBanter

-   -   Icom Service (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/50184-icom-service.html)

Tim J. Neff September 27th 03 12:28 AM

Icom Service

Has anyone had to send a rig into Icom for repair. They have had my 756 Pro
II for 4 weeks and have not even touched it. It is under warranty. Just
wandering if anyone has had any recent experience with there service.

KU8F

Captain Bob September 27th 03 05:18 AM

Had great service from Icom over the years. Just sent in a radio a month
ago and got it back in two weeks. Always pleased with their service.

Bob, AK6R

hlink.net...

Tony Hwang September 27th 03 05:35 AM

Hi,
Could it be a sign, there is back log of works at service dept.?
Or Pro II is failing left and right crowding service dept.?
(I hope not)
Tony, VE6CGX

Captain Bob wrote:

Had great service from Icom over the years. Just sent in a radio a month
ago and got it back in two weeks. Always pleased with their service.

Bob, AK6R

hlink.net...

Chris September 27th 03 07:39 AM

Hi Tim
Icom is usually 6 weeks. Best you can do is call them and they will tell you
when to expect it. Most repairs are done within a 2 hour window once the radio
is on the bench. They do fine work but are a bit pricey when a rig is out of
warranty. Good luck 73 Chris