RadioBanter

-   -   73 mag is gone (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/50652-73-mag-gone.html)

JGRIB October 11th 03 11:17 AM

73 mag is gone

I see Wayne has thrown in the towel....

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/10/10/6/?nc=1

Photodano1 October 12th 03 02:12 AM

Well that sucks, I use to read that when I was a kid! I wonder if someone will
pick it up?

JC October 13th 03 03:46 AM

Cant compete with the big boys

[email protected] October 14th 03 04:40 AM

If all of you cared so much why did you not buy the magazine?

JC October 15th 03 12:44 AM

Hell you cant even find the dam thing on the news stand.

Ryan, KC8PMX October 16th 03 04:28 AM

And in my area, even with a population of almost a million people within 3
counties, about 1000 of them hams and at least another 200 or more radio
enthusiasts along the line of SWL'ing and scanner interests, you can find
that one NOR CQ, QST or many other radio related mags!!!!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
.com...

Ronny Julian October 16th 03 04:41 AM

Did he ever quit spouting all the personal politics? I think he would have
done better in talk radio.

C.L.F. October 16th 03 01:12 PM

The magazine was ok in so far as the articles, but the opinions sucked. He
is entitled to his own, but in a few cases I found him wrong. I likened him
to Rush Limbaugh. An Agenda. Human "Pied Pipers"! You tend to get the
"followers" who then buy into every word and they in return ruin it for
everyone by furthering the agenda. There ARE those who can't think for
themselves. I have no problem with people's opinions, provided they at least
entertain others and give them the same courtesy. But those who feel they
are all right and the rest are all wrong - that bothers me. Newspapers,
Magazines, Radios, TV... if you disagree with the point being made by the
person running the show, they shut you down. They give you very little if
any - time to express a view contrary to theirs. Therefore, what they say
goes, to hell with the rest. IF they are as good as they want to think they
are, to have ALL of the answers, WHY don't they propel themselves into the
arenas where the choices are made and contribute? NO.. They sit back and
judge all.. in an arena where a wall is up and they can shut down anyone who
disagrees. L.

Don Jennings October 16th 03 06:14 PM

73 magazine gone ????
IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Read that rag once, way back when I was a tech no coder, and that was
enough for me.

Don Jennings KI0EO

KI7G October 19th 03 05:57 PM

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:12:09 -0400, "C.L.F."
wrote:

The magazine was ok in so far as the articles, but the opinions sucked.

I have to agree. The guy was just this side of a total nut case.

However, I found myself buying the magazine occasionally just to see
what nonsense he was spouting this month so I guess it wasn't
necessarily a bad business move. I'm glad to see that most Hams saw
through his unsubstantiated drivel.

Arden KI7G