RadioBanter

-   -   alinco dr1200t which mic to use? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/51004-alinco-dr1200t-mic-use.html)

[email protected] October 22nd 03 04:01 AM

alinco dr1200t which mic to use?

i hace an alinco dr1200t data radio
which mic is used with this rig?
thanks jack

Bob October 22nd 03 07:27 AM

You can use any Alinco or Kenwood microphone with that 8-pin connector.

The DR-1200T was identical to the DR-110T except it was sold without a
microphone, the intent being to use it for digital modes.

73, Bob

Jim, N2VX October 22nd 03 05:40 PM

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:01:43 GMT, "
wrote:

i hace an alinco dr1200t data radio
which mic is used with this rig?
thanks jack

Danger! Danger! One of the pins is direct discriminator output and
another (as I recall) is input direct to the varactor. The radio can
be fried right from the microphone connector and I know someone who
did just that trying to use a normal microphone.

It would be safer to get a manual/schematic and make sure nothing gets
connected to the discriminator and varactor. If you never intend to
use it for packet it is worth disconnecting the varactor/discriminator
pins from the microphone connector just to be sure.

Followups to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

73,
Jim
N2VX