RadioBanter

-   -   Effect of solar storm on VHF (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/51303-effect-solar-storm-vhf.html)

gil October 31st 03 02:18 AM

Effect of solar storm on VHF

Just wondered if the VHF frequencies get affected same as HF during the
solar flareups?

Gil

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

VHFRadioBuff October 31st 03 02:34 AM

Just wondered if the VHF frequencies get affected same as HF during the
solar flareups?

Quite the opposite, actually. Stations are reporting contacts well beyond the
normal ranges on all VHF/UHF bands with 6m and 2m being the most popular.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

Photodano1 October 31st 03 04:33 AM

It wide open on 800 Mhz here in Oklahoma. Actually it is causing me grief today
due to Motorola trunking channel hitting our frequencys here.

GIL9734 November 1st 03 03:14 AM

The grapevine I tune in to pretty much says that the only real problems were
with aircraft transmissions... our VHF systems here in SE texas worked fine, as
a matter of fact, we actually had less "skip" than usual!

My 2cents worth

Thomas