RadioBanter

-   -   FS: Kenwood VFO-820 Remote VFO (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/51424-fs-kenwood-vfo-820-remote-vfo.html)

Larry Johnson November 3rd 03 12:32 AM

FS: Kenwood VFO-820 Remote VFO

FS: From a local ham's estate sale, a Kenwood VFO-820 Remote VFO which I
believe is for the Kenwood TS-820/830 HF transceivers. HOWEVER, it is
missing the outer rear metal case. It appears to be in like-new
condition inside. If you need a parts unit, or a replacement VFO, etc.
for your matching Kenwood HF radio, this would be a good piece to have.
All of the knobs and switches are original, the front panel looks very
good. If you need the remote VFO functions, perhaps you could install it
in a blank metal box. We looked all over at the estate sale, but were
unable to find the rest of the case. I'll continue to look through the
boxes of equipment to see if it might turn up. $30 plus shipping.

German Duran December 22nd 09 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Johnson (Post 232729)
FS: From a local ham's estate sale, a Kenwood VFO-820 Remote VFO which I
believe is for the Kenwood TS-820/830 HF transceivers. HOWEVER, it is
missing the outer rear metal case. It appears to be in like-new
condition inside. If you need a parts unit, or a replacement VFO, etc.
for your matching Kenwood HF radio, this would be a good piece to have.
All of the knobs and switches are original, the front panel looks very
good. If you need the remote VFO functions, perhaps you could install it
in a blank metal box. We looked all over at the estate sale, but were
unable to find the rest of the case. I'll continue to look through the
boxes of equipment to see if it might turn up. $30 plus shipping.

Dear friend: I need desperatly the service manual of TS-820 remote VFO. I had working the external TS-820 VFO remote with a Kenwood TS-520 transceiver, but the cable coupled the transceiver with the VFO remote was accidentally broken and I could not couple both devices again. I will be very gratefully if you help me to find this service manual to do the connection again. German Duran HK3J

KL2CQ November 21st 17 04:53 AM

Still available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Johnson (Post 232729)
FS: From a local ham's estate sale, a Kenwood VFO-820 Remote VFO which I
believe is for the Kenwood TS-820/830 HF transceivers. HOWEVER, it is
missing the outer rear metal case. It appears to be in like-new
condition inside. If you need a parts unit, or a replacement VFO, etc.
for your matching Kenwood HF radio, this would be a good piece to have.
All of the knobs and switches are original, the front panel looks very
good. If you need the remote VFO functions, perhaps you could install it
in a blank metal box. We looked all over at the estate sale, but were
unable to find the rest of the case. I'll continue to look through the
boxes of equipment to see if it might turn up. $30 plus shipping.

Hello Larry,
Is this remote still available? I'd be happy to make it a new home.
Kevin