RadioBanter

-   -   Need Info Rockwell Collins (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/51518-need-info-rockwell-collins.html)

G E BLANKENSHIP November 5th 03 11:38 PM

Need Info Rockwell Collins

I need info on a Rockwell Collins HF 8020. Our Radio Club has one of these
and need to know anything we can find out about it. Thanks, Gene K4KJZ

Pete KE9OA November 7th 03 12:54 AM

I would go to the Collins Radio Club website...............they have quite a
bit of information on much of their equipment. I had a bunch of HF-80 stuff
for awhile. It was pretty good, but I ended up trading it off to one of the
old timers at Rockwell, when we were about to move back to Chicago.
Murphy's Surplus has quite a bit of that equipment on hand. I know that some
of the refurbished equipment was being sold off for quite a bit of
money...........if I remember correctly, the HF-80 transceivers were going
for between 30 and 40K. The 851S-1 receiver was basically an HF8050 receiver
with a different front panel assembly............this included, among other
things, an optical encoder for tuning vs. the thumbwheel switches.

Pete

. com...