RadioBanter

-   -   Ten Tec 240-KW Dummy Load (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/51869-ten-tec-240-kw-dummy-load.html)

Jon Kummer November 14th 03 03:11 AM

Ten Tec 240-KW Dummy Load

Hi -

Does anyone have any information on the Ten Tec 240-KW dummy load. I'm
thinking of buying one and looking for it's value.

Thanks.

Jon

Rick Frazier November 14th 03 04:13 AM

Jon:

I suppose it's a typo, but 240 KW??? you can't even legally use 2KW output
on the Ham Bands... Besides, I didn't know TenTec did very high power
Commercial equipment...

smile

--Rick

Jim November 14th 03 12:59 PM

Jon;

The Model 240 is a fan cooled "dry" dummy load. It requires a 12 vdc
source to power the fan. Typical is a cable with RCA jacks from the
transceiver to the DL. Have seen them from $125. & up. Very rare
accessory. Mine is switched inline when tuning the Titan amp.
Good luck de Jim, K4SQR