RadioBanter

-   -   Bye Bye CW (technical hurdles) (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/53034-re-bye-bye-cw-technical-hurdles.html)

VHFRadioBuff December 17th 03 04:54 PM

Bye Bye CW (technical hurdles)

You're missing the essential point of the no-code people. The folks who
object don't see it as hard, they see it as irrelevant. None of us want
to expend our energy on something we see as useless to ourselves.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Since this *IS* the 21st century, if
we're going to make hams learn something they won't use, let's make it
something from more recent times than CW, like Packet or PSK31. Make a ham
setup and operate a digital station in order to upgrade. Why not? It's as
rediculous as learning CW.

You may disagree on CW's relevance, but hey, we're all grownups - lets
make our own decisions, ok?

WHAT?! You want to keep someone on a newsgroup from expressing my opinions?
Come on! :)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

WA8ULX December 17th 03 10:26 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself. Since this *IS* the 21st century,

What does the 21st Century have to do with anything. What a Morron. The Morron
Andy doesnt even know if .100 Watts is 1 Tenth of a Watt. He was even stupid
enough to ask the Question on the NET.

Brenda Ann December 17th 03 10:29 PM

"WA8ULX" wrote in message
I couldn't have said it better myself. Since this *IS* the 21st century,

What does the 21st Century have to do with anything. What a Morron. The

Morron
Andy doesnt even know if .100 Watts is 1 Tenth of a Watt. He was even

stupid
enough to ask the Question on the NET.

And it's possible to work worldwide DX with that .1 watts with CW.. can't
say that for any modulated mode, including the digital modes.. :)

WA8ULX December 18th 03 02:28 AM

And it's possible to work worldwide DX with that .1 watts with CW.. can't
say that for any modulated mode, including the digital modes.. :)

Brenda dont tell ANDY that, he cant even spell CW

WA8ULX December 18th 03 03:55 PM

One "r" in moron, moron.

--
Bill W6WRT

I prefer 2, some times 3 Rs

WA8ULX December 19th 03 11:23 AM

I know several people with doctoral degrees who are utterly turned off
of ham radio by the code requirement.

So whats your point. I know some wonderful people who wouild be great Doctors,
if only they didnt have to take so many useless courses.

WA8ULX December 19th 03 02:11 PM

You missed the point. It's not whether it's easy,

To the CBplusser Knuckle Dragger group, that is the point, the easier the
better.

Tamarisk December 20th 03 12:38 AM

WA8ULX wrote:
One "r" in moron, moron.

--
Bill W6WRT

I prefer 2, some times 3 Rs

It is suspected that you could use a few more
of the 3 Rs.

Ken N6MHG

ergo December 20th 03 01:02 AM

hi ken