RadioBanter

-   -   HOW TO MAKE RADIO KNOB'S LOOK LIKE NEW? (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/55250-how-make-radio-knobs-look-like-new.html)

Fuse19 February 28th 04 12:51 PM

HOW TO MAKE RADIO KNOB'S LOOK LIKE NEW?

how do you get the luster back to the black radio knob's like the one's on
collin's radio's and other thanks del k9fcm

Bob Parnass February 28th 04 01:30 PM

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:51:19 +0000, Fuse19 wrote:

how do you get the luster back to the black radio knob's like the one's on
collin's radio's and other thanks del k9fcm

I have used a small amount of Armor All liquid
(sold in the car wash section of most stores).

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

RLucch2098 February 28th 04 04:08 PM

how do you get the luster back to the black radio knob's like the one's on
collin's radio's and other thanks del k9fcm

You may have to clean them first.
I use a Plexi-glass cleaner first, then I use a liquid wax & buff'em up.
If you want to use an Armor-all type product, buy one that is ALL chemical not
90% water like armor-all.
GL..
Careful with collins s-line knobs. I think they have a clear coating on them &
too harsh a cleaner will "jazz" this up.
GL..
Thanks es 73...........RICH-WA2RQY
Cheep Manuals for sale @
http://www.myradioroom.com/manualsales.html
Web-Page URL
HTTP://members.aol.com/rlucch2098/index.html

ac5tx February 28th 04 04:29 PM

Use WD-40

bw March 4th 04 04:31 PM

I've had great results with Armor All Original Protectant.

Make sure the knobs are clean. I use a soft toothbrush and a general
purpose cleaner like 409 or fantastik. Isopropyl alcohol works for very
dirty knobs. After the knobs are dry, I spray them with the Armor All and
let them set for a minute or two. Dry them off with a paper towel and they
look like new.