Old March 28th 04, 02:10 PM
Rich

Default Door opener

Our local police want to have a receiver on our Township radio frequency,
452.800 with a PL when keyed outside the office will open a garage door.

Do you know or have any thing in this area. The receiver would be set so
less sensitive as to only work with in 100 ft. This must be done because our
neighboring dept has one.

Richard

Old March 28th 04, 02:20 PM
Nitespark

Rich wrote:

Our local police want to have a receiver on our Township radio frequency,
452.800 with a PL when keyed outside the office will open a garage door.

Do you know or have any thing in this area. The receiver would be set so
less sensitive as to only work with in 100 ft. This must be done because our
neighboring dept has one.

I would highly recommend against that. That would be entirely too easy
to hack.

Why don't they just go with a simple garage door opener and issue each
car its own transmitter??? The newer models of garage door openers are
fairly secure.

--
Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any
man who is over 30,

Old March 28th 04, 04:07 PM
Nitespark

I was referring to one of the remote garage door openers like they have
for residential garage doors. They also make them for commercial garage
doors. I know the local fire department has them on their trucks so as
the truck approaches the station, the driver can hit the button and open
the door to the truck bay he actually needs. No longer do they have to
let someone out of the truck to unlock the building and hit the button
to raise the truck bay door. They also use them to CLOSE the door as
they are leaving out on a call.

Seems like the easiest, least expensive and most secure way to do it.

Old March 28th 04, 04:30 PM
Rich

I know, we have one at work. The police chief has other Ideas. Yes we have a
gate opener ant I works fine with $ 15.00 remotes. I pass it on.

Old March 28th 04, 05:58 PM
Evan Platt

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:30:29 -0500, "Rich"
wrote:

I know, we have one at work. The police chief has other Ideas. Yes we have a
gate opener ant I works fine with $ 15.00 remotes. I pass it on.

As Nitespark said, BAD IDEA. Why reinvent the wheel? This would be the
easiest thing to hack - and when it IS hacked - who will take the
blame for such an insecure system?

Evan

Old March 28th 04, 09:54 PM
Donnie

Rich wrote:

[...]

Check with you local slide gate installer, A device is made to recognize the ''yelp'' of a siren.
It is called a yelp detector.
I installed one on each of the three slide gates at the plant I maintain and they work like a
charm,everytime the police or fire department pay my site a visit they just roll up to the gate
yelp the siren and entrance is granted. just my two pennies worth.

Donnie (N4JZH)

''Behold how good and well brethren dwell together in unity''
Old March 28th 04, 10:57 PM
Nitespark

Rich wrote:

[...]

Still easy to hack and lacks security.