RadioBanter

-   -   Vintage Test Equipment Sale (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/57422-vintage-test-equipment-sale.html)

Roger Wilco May 19th 04 04:37 PM

Vintage Test Equipment Sale

Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

trent May 19th 04 05:33 PM

Roger Wilco wrote:

Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

"Most items are NOT working, offered only for parts or possible repair.
Some stuff may work, but assume it doesn't"

trent
--
"This user has a pattern of behaviour in the usenet group chi.forsale
that borders on abusive."

Bill Vajk May 19th 04 06:24 PM

trent wrote:
Roger Wilco wrote:

Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

"Most items are NOT working, offered only for parts or possible repair.
Some stuff may work, but assume it doesn't"

What????? No ARC-5 equipment? LOL

Mark (UK) May 19th 04 06:59 PM

HOLY GOLD MINE DUDE!

What a great pile of goodies! DAMN, I wish I could get there - anyone
got a spare return ticket from London going.....

Yours, Mark.

tongaloa May 19th 04 09:16 PM

Roger Wilco wrote:
Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

I see lots of good stuff and the price is right.
Tek 575 transistor curve tracer, EIP freq counters, lots
of other good stuff!
Too far away for me though.
-Bob
AH7I

kenji May 19th 04 09:33 PM

In article , tongaloa
wrote:

AH7I

geek!

Dave Moorman May 20th 04 02:31 AM

In article , trent
wrote:

Roger Wilco wrote:

Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

"Most items are NOT working, offered only for parts or possible repair.
Some stuff may work, but assume it doesn't"

trent

There are some excellent prospects there, though. I definitely need a
smaller, better scope that I have.

You wonder how that much stuff like that all came together.

Dave

D. Schmidt May 20th 04 04:27 AM

If it wasn't for us GEEKS, you'd be still scribbling your useless dribble
into slabs of rock.

"kenji" wrote in message
In article , tongaloa
wrote:

AH7I

geek!

Brenda Ann Dyer May 20th 04 04:34 AM

"D. Schmidt" wrote in message
If it wasn't for us GEEKS, you'd be still scribbling your useless dribble
into slabs of rock.

"kenji" wrote in message
In article , tongaloa
wrote:

AH7I

geek!

Amen

trent May 20th 04 01:39 PM

Dave Moorman wrote:

In article , trent
wrote:

Roger Wilco wrote:

Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

"Most items are NOT working, offered only for parts or possible repair.
Some stuff may work, but assume it doesn't"

trent

There are some excellent prospects there, though. I definitely need a
smaller, better scope that I have.

You wonder how that much stuff like that all came together.

I got mine in a pawn shop on Halsted before Halsted (and pawn shops)
became "upscale".

trent

Carl Karsten May 20th 04 01:51 PM

| I got mine in a pawn shop on Halsted before Halsted (and pawn shops)
| became "upscale".

There are upscale pawn shops?

kenji May 20th 04 02:05 PM

In article CR1rc.5004$Vv.365431@attbi_s51, Carl Karsten
wrote:

| I got mine in a pawn shop on Halsted before Halsted (and pawn shops)
| became "upscale".

There are upscale pawn shops?

maybe he means the "used jewelry" kinda pawn shops with glass cases and
dressed up sales help, not just the jewish cousins all wearing old
tshirts and dirty white high top gym shoes.

The one on chicago Ave at state would be an example.

trent May 20th 04 02:32 PM

Carl Karsten wrote:

| I got mine in a pawn shop on Halsted before Halsted (and pawn shops)
| became "upscale".

There are upscale pawn shops?

Not necessarily "upscale" thought I'm sure there are those, too. But
places like Pawn America that are cleaner, better lit, and don't have
that air of total scuzz about them. And I'm guessing higher prices,
too.

trent

Brent P May 20th 04 09:58 PM

In article , D. Schmidt wrote:
If it wasn't for us GEEKS, you'd be still scribbling your useless dribble
into slabs of rock.

They wouldn't even be doing that, it took a geek to invent the
alphabets and stone carving tools.

Jason Timmons May 21st 04 12:03 AM

On 19 May 2004 08:37:14 -0700, (Roger Wilco) wrote:

Saturday May 22, 2004 from 9 AM to 2 PM

Details and map at

http://chicagotest.i8.com/BigSale.html

The address on this page is a self-storage facility. Is there a unit
# for the sale? When will the gates be open to enter the area?

Gonna get me some junk, woohoo.

-jht-
----------------------
Jason H. Timmons
com!pobox!jht
----------------------

Robert Bonomi May 21st 04 12:59 AM

In article OZ8rc.85075$536.14176006@attbi_s03,
Brent P wrote:
In article , D. Schmidt wrote:
If it wasn't for us GEEKS, you'd be still scribbling your useless dribble
into slabs of rock.

They wouldn't even be doing that, it took a geek to invent the
alphabets and stone carving tools.

BEWARE OF GEEKS CARVING GRIFTS!

Innfosale May 24th 04 08:56 AM

It's Sunday night. Can anyone file a report.