RadioBanter

-   -   New vanity license fees (https://www.radiobanter.com/swap/58476-new-vanity-license-fees.html)

Hamguy July 8th 04 02:07 AM

New vanity license fees

http://www.hamwave.com/cgi-bin/index...iewnews&id=438

Brenda Ann Dyer July 8th 04 02:14 AM

"Hamguy" wrote in message
http://www.hamwave.com/cgi-bin/index...iewnews&id=438

Now this is FUNNY!!! Trash our bands by pushing BPL through, and then have
the gaul to charge us more to use them!!! If it wasn't so damn ridiculous, I
would be ROTFLMAO!!!

Da Shadow July 8th 04 03:33 PM

Well you ought to check what other countries charge for a ham ticket and
when it comes to temporary operating licenses -- you won't believe how much
they will gouge you for.

Vanity is expensive -- in all endeavors (;-)

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

Dick July 8th 04 03:52 PM

Except that for many of us it is not vanity, but a means to an end.
After being forced to give up my original call under the old rules, I
couldn't get it back until the vanity call program allowed me to pay a
ransom to the government to "buy" my own call back. And now I have to
pay extra just to keep it. Really galls me.

Dick - W6CCD