Old August 11th 04, 10:46 PM
bob

Default wheres Waldo ? I mean ebay seller radio-mart ?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...mart&items=100

John wrote:
First radio-mart disappears amid alot of bad feedback and is reincarnated
into gottahaveit1995 .

Then gottahaveit1995 disappears and is reincarnated into radiobitz11 .

With the new radiobitz11 id, Martyn apparently changes his name to "Luke"
and invents and entire new persona.

Now I see that radiobitz11 is "No longer a registered user"

Wheres our friend Martyn now ?

Old August 12th 04, 10:49 PM
w4udx

OK here's the deal with Martyn, Luke or whatever you want to call him....
Study his "radio-mart" auction bid histories and it becomes obvious that he
was using several eBay ID's to buy gear from other sellers and to shill bid
on his own "radio-mart" auctions. The buying ID's he used have low feedback
numbers and all of the feedback for each ID is from sellers. Also, the
buying ID's give "United States" as the ID's location. Pretty generic
location, huh? All it takes is some cross-referencing of auctions of
radio-mart and the buying ID's and you will see the exact same gear; Drake,
Collins, etc... Some say that the mostly postive feedback makes him OK, but
if he is doing all those other deceptive things he is bad news in my book...
I would certainly want to know what current ID he is using so I don't
accidently bid on one of his auctions.

Mark W4UDX

Old August 13th 04, 11:20 AM
DeWayne

"w4udx" wrote in message
[...]

I asked him where he was located and he said just south of Louisville.

DeWayne

Mark W4UDX

Old August 16th 04, 02:02 PM
Nick Marsh

DeWayne wrote:

I asked him where he was located and he said just south of Louisville.

DeWayne

Sadieville could be considered "just south of Louisville". Actually,
it's north of Lexington, very near Georgetown, KY where Toyota has a
huge assembly plant.

I met Martyn a couple of years ago, bought an Icom R-75 from him and
picked it up at the Georgetown exit on I-75. He seemed to be a very
plesant person.

Nick
WB4SQI

Old August 16th 04, 03:20 PM
LHPB

Nick,

I also met Martyn a couple of years ago. I drove to is home, just south of
Louisville (Sadieville), to pick up some equipment that I purchased from
him. You are correct he was a very nice guy to me and frankly I enjoyed our
visit.

When I got home and fired up the equipment and found out that he had lied
through his teeth to me, smilin' all the way, and that it was going to cost
me an outrageous amount to fix the problem, I still thought "well he's a
nice guy and will probably take care of it or return my money".

Nope, the SOB turned nasty (unreasonably nasty), even though I wasn't nasty
to him, and told me that I should take a hike and not bother him anymore. He
was totally unreasonable and I was totally stuck.

I fixed it. I still remember the gear fondly and enjoyed it. I will never
forget him, his outright lies, and his nastiness. I will also not forget how
I should have had a clue as he prided himself in showing me, during my
visit, how he could hide flaws in the way he took pictures and that how
flowery descriptions and lots of pictures could get him big $$$ for anything
he chose to sell on Ebay.

Education can be expensive. Lesson learned.

Old August 17th 04, 02:55 AM
hulaguy

Rumor has it is that he has past on.

Heard that last night on a chat grp in Farmington.